Sign in to follow this  
lovelock

CTO630 - 55cm x 55cm square going out of line and cuts stopping mid way

Had nothing but issues with my cto since I had it. Used it for a while then got fed up so stopped using it.

Now want to start again but still no luck.

Initially I had to tighten the blade holder as it was loose, but now 1 in every 3 (ish) cuts will stops before finishing and just be left on 'working laser'.

I am trying to cut a large square border around a quote. 

Attached are images of the cuts.

post-91317-0-07273000-1433159561_thumb.j

post-91317-0-28676300-1433159572_thumb.j

This happens everytime. I am using signcut pro and a macbook running snow leopard. I have installed the correct drivers and had no issues with my old Liyu.

I do have a windows laptop i am going to tryout, but this is frustrating and wasting vinyl.

So far I have found to check the blade length and also make sure the vinyl is not bunching up.

Anything else?

Check you blade offset and your overcoat numbers. As for stopping midway through it could very easily be static issues. Make sure you are setting the offset and overcoat numbers in only one place. In other words if you do it within the SignCut program don't also go set them in the cutter manually or it will double up. (I think)

Check you blade offset and your overcoat numbers. As for stopping midway through it could very easily be static issues. Make sure you are setting the offset and overcoat numbers in only one place. In other words if you do it within the SignCut program don't also go set them in the cutter manually or it will double up. (I think)

Interesting idea.

No option to change offset / overcut on the cutter. Only on signcut.

Anyone have a pcut and use with signcut can tell me their values for these?

I used to have a P-Cut and I use Signcut but it's been a coupe years. I think I was at around .25mm on the offset and seems like I ran started with no over-cut and ended up similar to the offset to get a clean weed. You can easily test your offset by drawing a small set squares and cutting with different setting until it looks nice and precise however you are not even touching start and end points so something is whacko. Make sure you are at 0.25 mm not 2.5 mm or something like that. Easy mistake. It's a very small amount and like I said I believe I ended up with a similar number for overcut at the end of the day. My P-cut had a test cut you could do by pushing the pause button twice or something but that little box didn't have square corners so it didn't help with the blade offset.  The other thing I have heard about is that if you are running SignCut in Inches then your offset will also be in inches and that can blow the whole thing out of whack because you might be at .25 inch rather than .25 MM . That would be something more like 0.0098. Not sure if this helps but maybe gets you headed in the right direction. With the static I used the spray anti-static stuff ladies use on their dresses to hose down the area around the cutter and it made all the difference in stalling out. Mine would say "waiting" and would never do anything else until I shut it off and restarted. IT is also pretty easy to overload the memory on a P-Cut so don't try doing a whole long set of copies. I used to get maybe 10 of an item if I was cutting a bunch of small stuff. 

I used to have a P-Cut and I use Signcut but it's been a coupe years. I think I was at around .25mm on the offset and seems like I ran started with no over-cut and ended up similar to the offset to get a clean weed. You can easily test your offset by drawing a small set squares and cutting with different setting until it looks nice and precise however you are not even touching start and end points so something is whacko. Make sure you are at 0.25 mm not 2.5 mm or something like that. Easy mistake. It's a very small amount and like I said I believe I ended up with a similar number for overcut at the end of the day. My P-cut had a test cut you could do by pushing the pause button twice or something but that little box didn't have square corners so it didn't help with the blade offset.  The other thing I have heard about is that if you are running SignCut in Inches then your offset will also be in inches and that can blow the whole thing out of whack because you might be at .25 inch rather than .25 MM . That would be something more like 0.0098. Not sure if this helps but maybe gets you headed in the right direction. With the static I used the spray anti-static stuff ladies use on their dresses to hose down the area around the cutter and it made all the difference in stalling out. Mine would say "waiting" and would never do anything else until I shut it off and restarted. IT is also pretty easy to overload the memory on a P-Cut so don't try doing a whole long set of copies. I used to get maybe 10 of an item if I was cutting a bunch of small stuff. 

Just done some testing and the square just wont work. The text is actually perfect, but the border is bad.

Wont line up, and is thicker one end etc. Defo and alignment issue or the vinyl moving etc. But the grippers hold it in place nice and tight. Not using  vinyl on a roll so no odd tension etc.

Attached is the design for referencepost-91317-0-17499200-1433185040_thumb.p

Be sure you have the pinch rollers located over the black drive grit. As a new user I moved the left pinch roller over when switching vinyl width and ended up with it on top of the smooth part of the bar and it made a huge mess. The P-Cut I had only had the drive grit on the shaft in certain spots. (But I doubt this is you issue if your text is coming out ok.) That's really weird that it cuts text ok but not the box. Double check that the carriage arm is on all the little wheels too. 

Make sure that the set screws are tight in your grit rollers.   You could try using FREE Signblazer and see if it makes any difference with windows.

Use a pen and stop wasting vinyl.