Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Wow. Now I feel tired.

I added up the yardage of HTV I have went though over the last 6 months. 427 yards give or take a few. Yikes!

• Like 3

I buy my HTV almost exclusively through USCutter and occasionally from Stahls if they have something specific I need. For production speed I have yet to find anything that competes with Easyweed. I think that was all on one blade too.

We just used right at 90 this past week. Big fundraiser for my daughter's cheer team. Still don't have an official total on shirt number, but I know I bought 150, not counting a few here, or a few there.

• Like 1

That's a hell of a lot of HTV($$). I'm with you on sticking with Easyweed. The stretch variant is king.

• Like 1

Wow, you really should consider farming out some of that to a screen printer. Cheaper and much less work.........oh btw, I do screen printing too ;)

Wow, you really should consider farming out some of that to a screen printer. Cheaper and much less work.........oh btw, I do screen printing too ;)

I don't screen print, in fact the majority of this work I have gotten through just a few companies who have specific color needs and the main client after having seen the vibrant colors and long lasting look won't go back to screen print. (I know because I have suggested it a couple times on some of the really big orders). He is convinced through the weight of experience that the ones he gets from me that are vinyl far outlast the screen printed variant and look great for the life of the shirt. These shirts are hand outs to clients in a construction supply company so every one he gives out is a perpetual add on that guys back. Basically I'm stuck now! Funny part is that it IS a lot of work but said work has allowed me to upgrade all my equipment to top of the line and it's all paid for. Don't mistake my thread for complaining, I was just a little surprised to see who much I had churned out in a half year. 

I work from my home and really don't have room to put a screen print layout so that's not likely to happen here so it would have to be outsourced as you said and I try not to. I have considered a DTG printer though and still may some day. 

I don't have a way to tell how much I used because I sell htv by the ft' as well as in store use but it's fair to say you got me beat hands down.

I don't even want to think of how much I used. I also screen print but most if not all want htv after they get a feel and see the quality of the lines in the designs. I tell them screen print will be cheaper but they say yeah but wont last. this shirt right here blows them away with the distress look and they ask if it silkscreen and I say nope its vinyl but I charge more for this font. they say cool I want it. I buy 5yrs and up on vinyl. my scrap vinyl I use on shoes with my shoe platen.

post-42519-0-76440500-1433781418_thumb.j

post-42519-0-90373800-1433781426_thumb.j

post-42519-0-80218800-1433781432_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks like this Lisa LHF (Distressed Bold)