Sign in to follow this  
cjs

T-shirt pricing tips

Anyone have any tips for pricing t-shirts? I bought some siser easyweed a while back and did up some shirts for ourselves, and have done the odd one or two for friends here and there...... but this has taken off huge in the last 2 months. We have been overwhelmed doing shirts for buck and does, and other customers we have done sign work for, and I'm not quite sure if I am ripping my self off (or my customers!)

This is our latest batch front and back of the same shirt.

Any input greatly appreciated.

post-43168-0-83299100-1432906179_thumb.j

post-43168-0-45578400-1432906180_thumb.j

That would be 18-20 at my store including the shirt.

• Like 1

Thanks. Do you go down for qty? First time around I did 15 of these, and now another 8.

He is where our paths split because I also screen print and 12 or more I'd offer screen print which is way cheaper per shirt. As far as discounting htv I never liked to do that because it takes the same amount of work and material per shirt no matter how many you do but that's just my thinking.

• Like 5

With HTV tho, on large orders.... depending on design, you can Break up the design and utilize more of the vinyl with less waste and using less vinyl.  Not all designs are good to break up tho cause sometimes its better left as one whole design to speed up press time..... You learn things like this over time with experience.

• Like 3

Yeah I that would be at $18 to $20 here to but I like jay said Our paths split here to Cause I silkscreen also but my min is really 2 dozen but since I use sign vinyl and cut it as my emulsion I go down to 12. I also been using waterbase lately and love it.

Yeah I that would be at $18 to $20 here to but I like jay said Our paths split here to Cause I silkscreen also but my min is really 2 dozen but since I use sign vinyl and cut it as my emulsion I go down to 12. I also been using waterbase lately and love it.

You're using waterbase with a vinyl stencil on a screen? How does that work out? Does it deteriorate the adhesive on the vinyl at all?

You're using waterbase with a vinyl stencil on a screen? How does that work out? Does it deteriorate the adhesive on the vinyl at all?

I personally don't think it would since vinyl adhesive needs something stronger to eat away at it while water basically harmless unless your allergic to it or cant swim, or your near something electrical.

He's using water base ink instead of plastisol. If the carwash doesnt eat thd vinyl off your car i dont imagine the ink will. It holds up so well for plastisol I would tbink water base would be no problem.

• Like 1

Interesting. I'm outsourcing my screens right now. I'll have to play around with the vinyl stencils.