eddieb378

Black ugh!!!!

Every license plate I have done has turned out great until last night! I am trying to sub a black back ground on a plate and around the edges it looks like it's not subbing! I have plenty of bleed and I do not see this on other plates, do you guys have a opinion on this? Thanks

Maybe you dont have even pressure on your Press?  Try increasing the pressure some more, Black is one of the hardest colors to sublimate 

Well I was hoping the verdic wasn't my press but I am guessing that is the problem! Like I said every thing I have made up until this plate has turned out really nice!

Do like bill said and up you pressure a little. Are you doing the paper on top or on the bottom> If on the bottom try up top so it's closer to the heat source

Thanks Jay I will try it and add some pressure I'm not really at a heavy pressure more medium so I can add more

You could also try another image similar however have it a different color like red green and see if the edges are still light.  You can take a dollar bill place it in a corner then try to pull it out and repeat for all four corners that will at least let you know you have equal pressure all the way around, if my chance you have a heat gun check the temp all around the press and see if its even ...

Mr Bill by the heat gun my press is within 4 or 5 degrees on even heat! Now the temp that it says it's at and what it really is is off by 40 degrees. But I have figured out where 400 is and 320 and so on and so on!

I'm using Corel and I am using the RGB palette,i truely think I do not have even pressure. I am gonna check it when I get home!