Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Need o make a Jiffy Shirt order...Not sure what to get

OK, I'm tired of someone seeing a shirt I did and saying...ohh can I get one of those now, and I don't have it.  I'd like to put in an order for some t shirts for both Men and Women  Have a little stock on hand.  I was thinking Jiffy has the 50/50 blend Gildans for 2.61 right now.  Maybe order 100 or so  maybe 50

Anyway, what would be a good order..Sizes are the confusing part.  I figure for the Men I cater to some pretty big fellas so more of the big boy sizes....Gals...Wo knows.  My Wife made herself a shirt and every time she wears it she has several girls go OMG, where did you get that ..I need to get one!!!  Give em a business card and never hear from them.  I know if I had some n the car they would buy them on the spot.

I have no clue what to order...that simple.  

Thanks Gang

Joe

OK...Things went crazy here...Why 3 posts!!!  How do I delete these darn things now...LOL

I don't have a brick and mortar business and so do't keep much stock in hand. I can never get the size and color right to save my life so I just keep things around that I or my wife and kids can wear and then at least it will never go to waste. 

I have had great luck with the Port and Company shirts both blended and 100% cotton. I usually keep an eye on the weekly sales and try out whatever is going to be the most cost effective at the time. I even tell my regulars this so they aren't surprised if they suddenly get a Gildan or a Jerzees brand shirt rather than the P&C. About the only ones I'm not a fan of are the Anvil 100% cotton, they just feel super rough especially after a wash cycle so I shy away from them. 

• Like 1

I have been stocking Red, Blue, Black and White in S-2XL, because of Jiffys latest price drop.

Small, medium and large I carry 10 of each in all colors.

XL and 2XL Red, Blue and White 10 of each.

Black XL's - 20.

Black 3XL's 5.

I am low production, majority of my sales are black shirts.

If you order a lot of shirts the each price for the 50/50 gildan should drop to around $2.30 a shirt which is why I stocked up.

I don't stock women only shirts and have only had 2 request for them which was a no rush order, so I placed it with my next jiffy order.

• Like 1

OK...Things went crazy here...Why 3 posts!!!  How do I delete these darn things now...LOL

Have you started stuttering Joe? 

I watch locally at the craft & hobby stores (Michaels, Jo-Fabs, etc.)

for sales and get some there. 

Also we have an outlet store that I "mine" for good t-shirts...

$1.99 each for the Husky & Fruit varieties.  You usually don't

have every color in all sizes but nice shirts for $2.

As a print shop primarily, I really don't want a huge inventory of sizes

& colors...no matter what you probably will NOT have the right color

in the right sizes!!!

If it's a small order and we have time, I send my customers out to

pick out their own shirt sizes & colors...I saves me time and they

get the quality/colors/sizes they want.

It works for me.

Sue2

Funny we sell the same colors. For me it's white, black, blue then red and xl is the most popular size although I carry up to 6x. I've never got enough call to stock womens shirts so I just order them as needed.

if you get your tax id Joe - I second ordering from sanmar - switching all my shirts over to port for business and personal.  not only do I like the feel better my customers seem to also

• Like 3

Joe - I merged the 2 that had post and deleted the third one for you

Joe - I merged the 2 that had post and deleted the third one for you

Thanks

Had a brain cramp

Only women's shirts I keep is, Pink. Can't go wrong with pink, others just order as needed. Most of mine from Jiffy, come the next day, depending on what time I put the order in. Can't beat that with a stick.

I have been stocking Red, Blue, Black and White in S-2XL, because of Jiffys latest price drop.

Small, medium and large I carry 10 of each in all colors.

XL and 2XL Red, Blue and White 10 of each.

Black XL's - 20.

Black 3XL's 5.

I am low production, majority of my sales are black shirts.

If you order a lot of shirts the each price for the 50/50 gildan should drop to around $2.30 a shirt which is why I stocked up.

I don't stock women only shirts and have only had 2 request for them which was a no rush order, so I placed it with my next jiffy order.

Plus

The Adult Gildans on sale are I assume unisex

Repo guy came by one day, ask if I had any Black 8XL shirts? Never seen, nor heard of them. He said a little store in town had some. Said, go get them, and I'll put 'REPO' on 'em. He brought some 8X, and 6X, said the 6X was for his 15 year old daughter. REPO, came out to be about 24 inches wide. He couldn't have fit into a 7X.

I have a regular customer who brings his own 7x and they're a squeeze. Great guy just really big.

Joe, I just read down through and realized that you are ordering from Jiffy. Sorry I thought you had a tax number and were on a Sanmar act for some reason. You should look into it. If you get set up and order $200 at a time you can probably shave 25% off what you are paying even at sales prices at Jiffy. (Ballpark figure)

• Like 2

Joe, I just read down through and realized that you are ordering from Jiffy. Sorry I thought you had a tax number and were on a Sanmar act for some reason. You should look into it. If you get set up and order $200 at a time you can probably shave 25% off what you are paying even at sales prices at Jiffy. (Ballpark figure)

Yea, gotta get my tail in gear and get on this.

I usually carry black, white, navy blue, royal blue, metro blue and gray from medium to x-large.

I bought Carolina blue in L and XL and of course I get an order for a medium....smh

Its tough to predict what color and size would go

• Like 1

Thanks all

Cut my better half loose on the jiffy site...LOL...Yea, we got shirts now  :)

• Like 1

if you get your tax id Joe - I second ordering from sanmar - switching all my shirts over to port for business and personal.  not only do I like the feel better my customers seem to also

Joe if you  get a chance look at Sanmar. I like them too. Most of the time I have my order the next day.  and friendly service.