Stephinicks

Cutting letters wrong

I seem to be having a problem where maybe it's a glitch of some sort, it won't cut the letters properly. It seems to skip and then send a cut line directly through my image or just send a cut line astray anywhere. It's not because if movement with the vinyl, because it happens on the same letter on a certain image no matter what. And I will usually have to try and cut the letter or image manually with a knife of create a whole new one. I'm really not sure what's going in. But in one certain case it started to cut an L and then it seemed to glitch and it created a rectangle where it should've made the outline of the L. Any advice would be helpful

Is the software registered? It will cut lines thru the design while in trial mode.

What cutter are you using and is it connected by USB or serial? You could post the design for someone to check. It could be a stray node or something.

if scalp it not only has to be registered it has to be activated or it will do that

Go to help menu and all the way at the bottom it will say either activate or deactivate. If it says activate click it to activate the program if it says deactivate it is already activated.

My program is already activated. When I go to the help menu is says "deactivate". So I'm really not sure why it would be doing this. And it's not on every image. Only once in a while but it still makes me waste vinyl.

What cutter you running? It could be static interference or if you are running a USB connection on a lot of the cutters they have glitch issues. 

because it happens on the same letter on a certain image no matter what.

Check the file for that image. There could be a stray line/node in there.

I have and there isn't. It also just does it randomly. It wasn't doing it for the longest time and now it is again. It's so confusing and annoying. Makes me waste a lot.

Mine used to make the same lines across an image. For some reason it does it when the image i´m cutting i have not vectorized it myself, or it is just a regular .jpg, bmp, etc file. So i redraw the image in Illustrator, and no problem. Yes, it´s alot of work, but works for me. Hope it helps...

I'm having the same issues with my SC 34. Did you ever solve the problem, Stephinicks?

Very common culprit is static Electricity. Hold your arm out along the back of the machine and see if you feel the hair standing up. If so I would bet pretty good money that you are having static interference. I had a P_Cut when I first started that would glitch out from static. Some wipe down things with dryer sheets but that never helped me, I ended up buying a spray can of static guard and I would hose down the area behind and around the cutter whenever. Cheap to try, maybe it will help you.