Kcross47601

ANTSO Logo

Recently was contacted by a group to do shirts for their National competition in Tennessee.  The individual coaches were given written rights to use the association logo to have support shirts made for different contestants.  I was emailed the logo by a coach to do shirts but it is in a png format. I've tried to use SCALP4 and Sign Blazer and inkscape to try to convert it to a useable trace vector.  Could it be that I'm using cheap programs or am I doing something wrong when I try to vectorize?  Any help would be great.  Thanks, Krispost-15439-0-23746200-1432633310_thumb.p

To be more spacific. I can get it to trace but it's really distorted.  The stars don't come out right and lettering jagged.

Have you tried contacting the organization itself?

They should be able to email what files you need.

In reality, the only thing you actually have to trace is the crown itself.

The text and stars can be recreated much better and faster

in your drawing program.

Sue2

• Like 1

I contaced the coach to see if she could get with her people to get a different file.  I thought about editing out the surrounding text and doing a trace on just the crown and adding in my own stars and lettering.  Going to be all in one color with high temp vinyl anyway so coloring is not a issue.

I deal with this all the time at our print shop.

Most large organizations have all the files you need.

It's just connecting to the right department/person.

Sometimes getting your customer to understand that

the file they have provided isn't what you need is a problem.

They don't know what a vector file is and think a raster

file grabbed off a website is good enough.  

You need to explain to them what type file is needed OR get

the name/phone/email of their contact and make the request

yourself.  SPECIFICALLY requesting VECTOR files and don't 

forget to ask about any color match requirements.

Good Luck.

Sue2

If you can't get a vector file from the org. all you really need to trace is the crown. Do a search for ANTSO logo and you should be able to find some larger versions of the crown image you can trace. It's a relative simple design, I'd suggest a manual trace. Then just build the logo with some stars and the necessary fonts.

I was bored so I remade it, but I use Graphtec Studio and it can't export files without printing them to a pdf file then converting that into an eps. The resulting eps can't be cut because it's more like a regular image, you can't separate the objects. I made it huge so you can probably get an ok trace though.

You might need to re-do some of the text. The fonts were RelayComp-Black for the "ANTSO" and Helvetica Rounded LT Std Black for the rest.

post-29371-0-05870600-1432866439_thumb.p

antso2.eps

• Like 1