Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Memorial Day and 1 yr anniversary

I know today is (was) about Honoring all that served, serve, and lost their lives to protect us. However it is also the 1 yr anniversary of my mother passing away. I can honestly say it got no easier, nor has the pain got less. As most of you recall I was close to my mom probably closer than most but not Norman Bates close. More like mom was mom and a friend. However the last yr I had time to reflect on what she truly meant to our family, and me as her baby boy as I was called (yes being the baby had advantages). I realized how much she meant to our lives, to the Holidays, and advice she gave. She was the lady I bounced ideas off of, and she usually told me where to put those ideas if they weren't good. Mom was the one behind me whatever path I took, and when I failed she said pick your self up and start again. I guess I need to find a g/f that would do the same thing. Mom was also the one who got me into this business, she saw the passion I had for designing, and the drive to make it work.  However since she has passed I wonder is it worth it, should I stay in it, or should I leave. When I get these thoughts I swear she whispers in my ear "don't give up, this is what you love to do, this will take off better try harder". And I will admit I hear myself say out loud ok Mom you didn't raise a quitter. I miss mom but I know she still has my back, holding my hand and guiding me through life's adventures. 

And I have you guys to help me through these times and for that I thank you for reading this and letting me vent about it, or ramble on if you will. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry for your loss, I can't image what that is like as I still have my mother here with me.....But from the little time I have been here I think you are doing well at what you do.....This is one of 2 forums I talk on now that the people are actually pretty decent and don't mind helping others with little or no knowledge on the subject.....Thank you for your guidance while I learn a new trade.....And I think she does still whisper in your ear when needed....

Thanks again

Mike

Hatter, you were and are lucky to have had such a role model and mother in your life.

Cal

Sorry for your loss but don't even THINK about giving this up!!! You've come too far and you KNOW she would want you to stick with it :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless.....

I've lost both my parents and totally hear ya man. That's a hole in your life that never really get's filled. I trust in God and believe that this isn't the end of things just a stop along the way and they are there waiting for when I come join them. You've got some serious talent Hatter, I'd tell you to stick with it just like you Mom would have. I've come to the conclusion that life just seems to get harder and more complicated and it probably won't lighten up for a long time so I try to enjoy the journey rather than worry about the particular situation. I was looking at some crazy list of unusual medical conditions the other day on MSN and HOLY COW! I decided my little minor issues were not worth complaining about compared to what some people live with. How's that old saying go...Count your troubles you'll be sad, count your blessing you'll be glad.