Sign in to follow this  
thedrummer

Using my cutter on lamination

I need to cut a 100mg A4 sheet laminated with 80mic Laminating Pouch Film.  Could you kindly tell me what blade and settings should I use.  Would the Film damage my blade?

Thanks

I couldn't answer your question but I'm sure the people who can would like more info, like what cutter are you using since they are all capable of doing different things....

Are you talking about a thermal laminating pouch where it comes out stiff?

Although it may work, I wouldn't want to risk a blade on that - I'd recommend multiple cuts instead of trying to cut it all in one time around.   That's really more of a scissors job...

Yes I am talking about the one you mentioned.  My cutter which is the Silhouette Portrait says that it can even cut through chipboard (0.8mm thick) so I thought it should be easy to cut through laminations.

Ford once claimed it could throw a chevy across the bed and scale large piles of cinder blocks too....just sayin'

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Wildgoose" data-cid="395029" data-time="1432674145"><p>

Ford once claimed it could throw a chevy across the bed and scale large piles of cinder blocks too....just sayin'</p></blockquote>

and? Ford tough.

• Like 1

Ha ha! Well Jay just go ahead and throw a chevy across those side rails and come on over, I'll supply the cinder blocks and we'll see how it ends up at the end of the day. 

<laughing> my point being that while the manufacturer may say "hey it can do THIS" you might not actually want to do it. I kind of like my cutter and try not to abuse the peewads out of it. 

Reminds me of an article the Dirt Bike Magazine guys did on a BMW dual sport and they were evidently upset when the guys wrote the article and show pics of it clearing large table top jumps. BMW was like WTF? DB was like...hey man, we ride dirt bikes here what did you expect?