Macon Innovations

sublimation Inks

So I just ordered 2 Epson WF7110 printers with ciss systems, going to use one for pigment ink and one for sublimation ink.....What kind of inks would you recommend?

So I just ordered 2 Epson WF7110 printers with cuss systems, going to use one for pigment ink and one for sublimation ink.....What kind of inks would you recommend?

If you ordered the printers from Cobra, I'd just call them and tell them what you are planning on using them for and they can tell you what the best ink is.

The others may have better input than that though.

I did not order from cobra....I am assembling the kits myself by purchasing 2 printers and 2 ciss systems....coming out way cheaper this way for me....just not sure on the inks....

You're going to want the CP-650 inks for regular transfers and CS/4 ink for sublimation with the 7110 printers if you are buying from Cobra Ink (HIGHLY recommended) Once you have purchased their ink he will email you the profiles or a link to them. 

Macon, what program are you using for design? You are going to need to be using something that will let you pick the proper profile for the job. The sublimation ink is washed out looking and pretty much best used for sub only but the other ink is basically the same stuff Epson sells but much cheaper and I use it for transfers and all my day to day printing needs. 

• Like 1

I have 3 Epsons, all using Cobra Ink brand inks.  I have a WF4020 that is my "daily driver" for all letter sized printing and a WF7520 for printing larger items - both of those use the CP-650 pigment inks so I can refill both printers from the same bulk bottles.  Epson #3 is a Stylus 1400 which is a 6-color printer, and it's outfitted with Cobra Ink brand CS6 inks.

The WF4020 has large (4 oz.) internal cartridges, so no need for a CISS with it, and the other two have Cobra Ink brand CISS kits and they are worth the extra money.

I tried using the cheaper CISS kits imported from China and sold on ebay and they included no documentation - just a link to a video for a kit for a completely different printer.  The cheap kit did not include everything needed to make it work - I ended up having to take a Dremel tool to the printer to get the lid to close without pinching off the ink supply, plus there was no mention of the fact that the tanks need to be installed at a proper height to maintain a siphon flow between the tanks and the cartridges - too high and you'll flood the cartridges - too low and the ink runs back into the tanks - I never did figure that out until I bought a Cobra Ink kit and they explained in the instructions why it has to be set up just so.

Richard makes sure to include everything you need right down to the rubber gloves to wear during the installation process.  They also include a DVD with follow along step-by-step instructions that make the whole process simple - plus they are available for phone & email support.  Good luck getting that kind of help from China.

I buy all my ink from printpayless. Order the standard epson pigment ink for t-shirt printing, and there Epson 42" Sublimation ink no problems.

• Like 2

I buy all my ink from printpayless. Order the standard epson pigment ink for t-shirt printing, and there Epson 42" Sublimation ink no problems.

Wow that's pretty affordable ink Hatter. I may have to try it out just to say I did. 

You're going to want the CP-650 inks for regular transfers and CS/4 ink for sublimation with the 7110 printers if you are buying from Cobra Ink (HIGHLY recommended) Once you have purchased their ink he will email you the profiles or a link to them. 

Macon, what program are you using for design? You are going to need to be using something that will let you pick the proper profile for the job. The sublimation ink is washed out looking and pretty much best used for sub only but the other ink is basically the same stuff Epson sells but much cheaper and I use it for transfers and all my day to day printing needs. 

I am using Corel Draw X7

Thank you...This is what i was looking for......

Wow that's pretty affordable ink Hatter. I may have to try it out just to say I did. 

I am using Corel Draw X7

Thank you...This is what i was looking for......

Your welcome everyone I have no complaints what so ever with their inks, customer service isn't bad either. They usually ship out the day or of the day after and its priority with free shipping.

I need to order refillable cartridges soon.  for my WF-7520.  

Should I order them from printforless or cobra ink?

I need to order refillable cartridges soon.  for my WF-7520.  

Should I order them from printforless or cobra ink?

To be honest I believe they are the same cartridges. I used Printpayless ones for years before changing over to a CIS and never had an issue.

I forgot sublimation transfer paper....Any favorites out there?

I've used the ImageRight and DyeTrans.

The ImageRight seems to have a little more pop to the colors, but it's probably just me.

Probably if you put them side by side, there wouldn't be a lot of difference.

I do wish they'd make it a little easier to tell which is the bright white side though.  :lol:

Image right does give better color is my opinion also. I think its due to what they hall high and low release. I might be wrong though.

Figures...Everything will be here today EXCEPT the inks....lol

Thats how it always goes well not for me seems to be different however Getting everything set up and ready for the inks will be rewarding.

So im setting everything up for when my ink gets here TOMORROW and noticed the both printers have had ink run through them...I'm assuming they were tested at the factory...My question is, Should i clean it out somehow before i start running my high temp ink through it?

I just printed a few pages after installing the sub ink to flush it out.