Sign in to follow this  
dirtrocker

cracked cups

How often do you end up with cracked cups?

Grabbed a cup/mug from the box I got in my order and one of them was cracked, so I got to wondering how often you receive cracked ones in your orders.

Is this common?

I have been through almost a dozen cases with no cracked or broken mugs.  All mine so far have come from Conde.

Last case from conde had 3 broken. If you call most places,will replace them or credit you back a prorated amount.

Last case from conde had 3 broken.

OK, that tells me something right there.

I'm really as much concerned about the $1.60 for the mug, as I about the $40 in shipping.

I had a case a couple years ago where every mug in the bottom later was smashed but I can't remember who they were from now. 5 hey did make it right though or I'd probably have an easier time remembering who it was.

that was part of the reason I quit ordering from JOTO - was too common - with marck - they double box everything with styrofoam between  - cost more but ever mug perfectly coated and arrives perfect

Conde was double boxed (no foam) and looked perfect outside but inside it looked like it had been dropped on its corner.

Conde was double boxed (no foam) and looked perfect outside but inside it looked like it had been dropped on its corner.

Yep. Sounds like what I got.

Checking more it almost looks like a couple were dropped when they were being put in the box.

There are chips in the coating. Now my concern is how they will sublimate.

The one that is cracked had a chip in it right in the center of the crack.

this case from conde no cracked but there wherehouse is only 5 minutes from me if any is broken when i pick them up I tell them. I actually ogo thru them while im there. I did order sublimated ladies dress and 2 had holes in them.

Well, I pushed that case off to the side, got another 12 from another vendor and used those up and went back to the original case. 
More cracked and one busted. 
I should have checked them all when I got them.

I know I should give them another chance and try and work with them, but they were more concerned with who my rep was than the fact that there was a problem with them and I wasn't asking them to replace them, just saying that they need to work on their quality control.
I'll order from another place from now on. 

Well, I pushed that case off to the side, got another 12 from another vendor and used those up and went back to the original case. 

More cracked and one busted. 

I should have checked them all when I got them.

I know I should give them another chance and try and work with them, but they were more concerned with who my rep was than the fact that there was a problem with them and I wasn't asking them to replace them, just saying that they need to work on their quality control.

I'll order from another place from now on. 

Go directly to your sales rep never to a random employee. When I had those 8 broken mugs I sent an email with photos to my sales rep and got a call back next business day. Cleared everything up and replacements sent that day.

My sales rep at Conde is awesome.  She goes above and beyond to make sure I am taken care of!