rebelracer8

question with a 7110

hello i have been thinking about getting a epson 7110 for sublimation for heat tranfers as i have a heat transfer press would i have to get different ink than what comes with this printer to be able to do the heat transfers thank you for any advice that can be givin

If your going to do just sublimation then you need their high temp ink if you want other such as cotton shirts you can use what comes with the Epson which is pigment ink.

Tell Richard I sent you and he will take 10% off whatever you buy except high temp ink ...

So you can use the regular epson ink that comes with the unit to do transfers to cotton?

With the proper transfer paper yes. Jet Pro Soft Stretch for white and very light garments and 3G for dark garments.  These are about the best transfers out there. The process is totally different than sublimation. 

Dangit.....You guys are killing me

Here is one I did years ago with jpss paper and epson ink 

post-2057-0-98280200-1432482530_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Uh oh.

My wife is gonna kill me if she see's this thread.

I can hear it now, "You mean to tell me there is paper for REGULAR ink for transfers to regular shirts??"

Uhm....... 

You will need to contour cut or trim the JPSS/3G to minimize the border left behind. With the JPSS you are printing on a clear polymer layer that then transfers and bonds the ink to the garment. If you don't trim it you will have a big square textured area the size of your paper. This border can also yellow a bit if pressed too long/hot and as it ages. You definitely want to minimize this. The 3G is white and must be contour cut to avoid a white border. These transfers are good for cotton and some other materials. You should probably use pigment based ink with these transfers for durability.

Okay thank you guys and if I use the sublimation ink from cobra what transfer paper would I need to use for that thanks

Any paper really works good.   I have used it all with not a big difference I like tex print.  image right.  and QR paper

• Like 1

Mr300s that photo you posted up top how would you Co tour cut that and the letters not be messed up from cutting it out may be a stupid question but I just don't get it do you have to align the letters one by one on the shirt before pressing

Mr300s that photo you posted up top how would you Co tour cut that and the letters not be messed up from cutting it out may be a stupid question but I just don't get it do you have to align the letters one by one on the shirt before pressing

There is no contour cutting needed for sublimation you print that image backwards using heat transfer ink / dye sublimation ink, and press onto the Polyester t-shirt with a heat press.

As for the t-shirt with 3G Opaque paper you have to convert the fonts to curves in your program, and weed the white out and leave the color part, as for JPSS soft stretch there is no weeding, you use the pigment ink and print backwards and press at the settings they tell you and peel.

On the 3G if you are just doing a few or if there isn't room around the graphic for your contour registration marks I regularly trim around them by hand but any wobbles can show up if you don't leave a nice edge. Contour cutting is the best way to go if you have the equipment and know-how. 

• Like 1

trying to print this on a shirt with out that white border around it im using 7110 with pigment ink can i contour cut this with out having to piece all the letters together after contour cutting

post-87091-0-93754700-1433291217_thumb.j

If you use a white shirt you wont notice it as much, It almost looks like you could vector that image and then use heat vinyl, re create the fonts  and then you can use a cheap shirt and heat vinyl on any color shirt...

If I have a shirt that isn't white I usually cheat and throw a colored oval background or something like a box to help have a good weeding boarder without the open blank space. 

• Like 1