Sign in to follow this  
slr001

Help/Opinions

Need some help with this. I have only had my cutter (SC) for a week now, but starting to get comfortable with it.

This was already vector format when I got it. Had to do some tweaking, like the triangles were showing behind the circles and I didn't want that.

The problem now is with some terrible weeding spots. The arc'd text on the top of the circle, has some very thin legs, the "V", "A", and "N" for example. The Battletech font has a real thin cut around the letters, And the two bars below the Battletech...

The bars I think I will just turn them solid.

The fonts are vectorized... For the Batteltech if I can find the font, I can just redo it without the outer trace? For the font on the top of the circle, I guess I need to find something similar that cuts better?

Any other suggestions that make this easier that I am not thinking of?

Can anyone help identify the two fonts?

mech-div.svg

stencil is one font

there other is custom but the vector of it is good except for the A

mark-s

Also connect these points to the circle all 3

mark-s

Thanks... Kind of new to the vector world... Using Inkscape took a bit to figure that out. Helped a bit. I also cut it a bit bigger, and was able to weed it all.

I guess there is just a minimum size limit on some things as far as weeding goes.

I also re tweaked my blade setting/calibration, and was getting cleaner cuts.

There does come a time when you reach limits of what you can do with what you got to work with.  I too have the SC machine and with some tweaking on pressure, blade depth and even speed.... you can really get some good results.  The SC is a pretty good low end cutter..... but..... it does have its limits.

Your quarter circles in the center (with the stripes)

have a stroke around them....

you need to get rid of that stroke outline.

Sue2