Sign in to follow this  
george234

Ce 5000 settings question

Having problem with those little pesky tips where the blade stops and starts its cuts, Alright for large cuts but for small details weeding is a pest.  The tips keep pulling up the cut vinyl, 

I have tried several settings.

Including: 

Offset 0-5

Speed 8-15

Acceration 1-5

Cutforce 15-25

and Tried the Tangential either off or on and different mm settings.

ANYBODY?

What is the best settings.  Should I set the Tangential cut, is this like overcut in the SC cutters?

I am using ClearCut blades ,  NEW ( Remfact) CE 5000  windows 8 Cutting Master 3.

Stop playing with all the settings (esp. offset) before you get in a mess. Speed and pressure cause lifting and each machine is slightly different but I typically run 15/15 speed/force for good results but will go slower or less force if needed.

Maybe you are trying to cut too small or have too much blade sticking out of the holder.

Also , when cutting small detailed stuff you want your cut speed very slow, might take some test cuts to get it just right.

• Like 1

I dont mean the vinyl lifts whle cutting,  only when weeding the cut area that stays lifts with the weed because of the little tips where the blade starts and stops.  Sure I can send a photo

And blade offset is 0 on a Graphtec....  Make sure that you set your blade correctly like this.below... You should only be cutting with the blade tip, You should just barely see the blade tip out of the blade holder..

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Yep blade is set as you mention..    And I don't see an overcut setting  on Graphtec, there was an overcut on the SC cutter . Must be named different   with Graphtec

Ok this was brought up before,, Make sure that you have your cutter and software, set to BLADE/KNIFE and not PEN     A forum member made that mistake.  and had those dove tails. 

Here is how it lifts up, just at a tiny tiny point where the blade didnt cut,  Need overcut. Havent found it on CM3 yet.

These are about 1/2" letters...  with Oracal 651 vinyl

Thanks

post-32184-0-75126600-1432405510_thumb.j

I didn't find it in Cutting Master 3 either...  I don't even think your letters look cut good...  Show more pictures...  You could also use weed lines thru the letters.   Are you sure the blade still has a tip on it?

The inside of the letter is an example, the tiny little spot where the blade starts and stops,  it needs to go to an overcut, which i cant fine..

post-32184-0-60760200-1432407557_thumb.j

Here are my setting for 651 on my CE6000-60. No blade offset or overcut.

Speed: 8

Cut Force: 10

Acceleration: 2