joker

Well sometimes you learn the hard way

Well i posted a few weeks back about pursuing a different job after nine years. The new job was going good until the fifth week in when the Owner came to me and the other employees and said sorry guys i do not have money to pay you for the last two weeks you worked and do not know when  i will have the money and you are pretty much out of a job. So now i have been looking for close to 3 weeks. 

I have been pinching pennies anyway i can and thankfully i have about 3 months of worth of bills to cover me. It is pretty sickiening knowing i left a job to go somewhere and after 5 weeks not have a job. 

Live and Learn boys and girls..

I got a call 9 oclock at night telling me not to be there at 3 am the company filed bankruptcy. Took 6 months to get paid but in bankruptcy outstanding wages go pretty high on the list of things they have to pay before any creditors. Best of luck with the job hunt.

• Like 1

All too common anymore these days. They say, "When one door closes, another opens". My opinion, 'They', are full of crap. Good luck!

• Like 1

Joker I know what you mean. It sucks leaving a good job because of promises and then getting screwed. The place that I worked for was sold after I was there for 34 years. I was told at 3 o'clock that I was being laid off at the end of the day. It was the best day that I ever had there. left there and retired. I just needed someone to kick me in the butt so I would move on. It worked out for me and hope it works out for you. Good luck

One of the good things of working in your own business is that

YOU will be the last person fired!

On the other side of the coin, we have heard from several

larger area employers that people they interview and hire just

never show up.......

:wacko:

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind repsonses. I have a few applications in and had an interview yesterday. I have to call the guy back tomorrow afternoon to see what he says.. I know things will work out. Side note i do have vinyl work to do keep a little money coming in...

definitely sucks - at 20 I was managing a store that was number 1 in indiana and number 3 east of the mississippi for the company (large chain) - went on vacation and the owners called and said mail your keys back as we just sold the store.  no warning before the vacation (obviously they had been working on it a while to sell a store).   That did it for me I stayed in naples for 6 weeks until my grandparents came home I was vacationing with - and cut my 70's hair about the 2nd day after losing the job.  a mop in those humid conditions made it an easier decision to get rid of the "cool" hair style

• Like 1

Good luck Joker,

Cal

Good luck man. Been there, except the not getting paid part. That would put me in a very bad frame of mind.....

I'm sorry to hear that Joker.

Best of luck to you in your job search.   Keep an open mind and explore every opportunity.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll see if my brother could use any help.  

• Like 1

I feel your pain. I just got laid off from my job after 21+ years. Lousy job and worse pay, but it was a job and pay. Now I'm a dinosaur who can't retire and can't find a job. Even a lousy paying one... Better luck to you!

Thanks guys. It does suck and feel bad for the people that do get laid off and cant find anything. It is tough out there for the people that want to work and make a living.