Sign in to follow this  
tooler82

Laying Printed Vinyl

I guess I'll never get how to make big signs. I've wasted 4'x8' material 5 times now. Printed a big sign for outside a building on base. Everytime I put it on the aluminum and start working it out, wrinkles. I'm doing it drenched in RapidTac. How can I make small signs with no problem, but never a big one without it wrinkling? I'm also using what I consider to be good material with this 3M IJ35C-10. Who knows.

I requested this before after somebody on here said it. I also requested a laminator. I got the whole, "Due to budget cuts..." haha.. I'm thinking I may just lay white vinyl on the sign, and individually print out each part going on the banner to keep it from wrinkling in the print.

You need an extra pair of hands to keep a couple corners up and work your way across. 

• Like 4

heck with your budget tell them next year you need a flatbed printer and don't worry about the problem.   We'll buy of course

Sure I just got my payment plan from the irs plenty of money to go around

If it already has the hole things on the side (sorry, tired and cant remember correct names for the banner holes), then using string and two bags of water, tie the string on one corner of the banner, go through the handle of one of the bags and back to the other corner of the banner and tie it there. Then have the bag hang off the side of the table to basically pull the banner flat. Can do the same to the other side or have something holding it onto the table.

Hope this helps somehow.

Tape it in place and fold back half and remove the liner. Spray with rapidtac and work that half. Repeat for other half also if you're using rapid tac2 try regular rapid tac as the new one seems more agressive to me

• Like 1

Thanks jaybird, I'll try that today. Yeah I have Rapid Tac and Rapid Tac 2. I always use the Rapid Tac.