gcextreme

Looking to get into Sublimation..

A lot of problems have to do with where the cis tanks are sitting to high or to low and you will have that problem.

But they should have been installed and mounted by cobra since thats where he purchased it.....Or did i read that wrong in their description....

But they should have been installed and mounted by cobra since thats where he purchased it.....Or did i read that wrong in their description....

You can buy separate kits and add them to your own printer.  They include a DVD with a complete walk-thru of instructions, but he goes pretty quick and it's possible to miss a step.  On my second one, for the 7520, the video skipped the step about how high the tanks needed to be, and I knew they needed a specific height from doing the install on the 1400, so I called and got an answer immediately.

• Like 1

Yes its barely 2 weeks old. Came with the ink installed, mounted on the right side.

I have all the settings set to matte, i removed all the other cobra profiles except for the high quality matte one, and have wasted alot of paper and ink.

I went in an turned the printer prefrences to plain paper, and then in adobe illustrator kept it to matte...printed one and it printed great..printed another, it was grainy and crappy. Then set the printer back to matte paper, and illustrator on matte...it printed great once, then grainy again!

Its like it cant decide what profile to print correctly with

did you try the standard epson color profile? I ask only due to thats what I use and you've seen the results I get however I'm not using Cobra ink I'm using print payless ink and using RGB instead of CMYK David Gross told me to do that and havent had issues at all. However I may have to soak the head the blue is giving me issues again it is always the blue.

I only bought one CIS kit pre-assembled from Cobra and that was for the sublimation WF 7010. And after some moving abuse I had to replace the tubing. However for both WF7510's I bought the hardware and saved almost $50 on each kit. In fact I just did the one for my newer 7510 because I decided to add it to the none business 7510. Point of my story is you have to realize if they mounting the tanks on the printer it may need to be lowered due to where your printer is compared to where cobra is located and it does make a difference.

I have the same issue and richard told me the same thing. My blue test is 90% good, then I clean and it drops to 50% good. Wasted half the ink trying to save money. From what I am reading on the various forums these systems either work perfect or don't. For the record if i swap to original cartridges everything is perfect. I am ordering a Ricoh today and using the Epson for regular printing.

Yea I had many headaches with a Epson for dye sub printing. many upon many nights getting the heads cleaned. I bought a Ricoh this spring and even with not printing for almost 2 months it printed perfect without any head cleanings or anything. The machine was powered down the whole time. It's worth the investment in a good printer.

There is a post in the For sale section here for someone who has a Ricoh for sale at a really good price!

2 more votes for plug it in and print when you want it to print with no hassels - 

it's like the argument between a mh and graphtec going on - yup you can make it work with enough fiddling but don't want the constant adjusting , fiddling and just want to go to it and have it work which one do you end up with in the end.  choices we all make for price vs convenience and reliability 

• Like 2

My new Ricoh is ordered and will be here Friday. My UPS guy doesn't show up till between 6-7 at night. I guess I am one of his last stops for the day.

• Like 1

My new Ricoh is ordered and will be here Friday. My UPS guy doesn't show up till between 6-7 at night. I guess I am one of his last stops for the day.

You will be very happy with the Ricoh! Just make sure to download the power drivers and stuff and you should be good to go pretty quickly!

• Like 1

I'd still be using a ricoh if they weren't so crazy expensive for their large format printers. They drove me back to epsons

agree on the wider one - I just found out that 99 percent of what I do can be done on the small one so retired the big one

I started to market the larger stuff to justify the big printer

• Like 2

Your epson is reseting after you print. Mines does that.There is another setting after you select print on the other screen. Im at work but can look at it when i get home

If you set your default printer settings from Control Panel, rather than in the software you're using, it should keep your settings from print job to print job.

I have all of my printers configured that way, so I only need to adjust orientation and page size when I print, or change the color profile on the sublimation printer as needed.

Yeah i have it set thru the Control Panel / Printers-Faxes menu...

I moved the ink containers down, from the top edge of the printer to closer to the bottom.

Also i removed all the other Cobra Color profiles, except the Matte one im mainly going to use..

Still have them in a folder on the desktop, they just arent in the color profile folder anymore.

So some of this seemed to have done the trick, at least for now...did two prints and they came out great.