gcextreme

Looking to get into Sublimation..

Ok cool. Thanks. Gonna try and do a few more today to put on my shelves in my store.

Also will this work on glass mugs too or just these specific ceramic mugs?

Got to be specially coated mugs. Conde, coastal, bestblanks and others have the glass mugs but not sure if they'll work with the press or only with the wraps.

Did another mug, this one came out great.

No dipping into water this time..

Also for giggles i tried it on some neoprene can coozies, still trying to get the temp and time dialed in..

received_10152917333351700_zpsn3cj9jym.j

received_10152917454746700_zps7e7pjmmh.j

Do the koozies one side at a time with the paper on top. I do 385 for 65 seconds then fip and do the other side.

Mug looks much better than the first one.

Ok cool. The first coozie i did at 350 for 70 seconds..it didnt get enough transfer.

The second one i did at 400 for 70 seconds, it about melted lol. Thats the one in the pic lol.

Then i did a 3rd one at 385 for 80 seconds..it was close, a bit overheated.

I always use 400 degree no matter what it is.   I have never had a problem with anything and when you do its usually operator error.  Not enough pressure too much pressure or to little or to much time.  Ink is designed to sublimate at 400 degree.  I doubt yours over heated it is more likely a pressure or time issue (to long) 

I agree with other never dunk mugs I did that for a while and you can actually hear the mug cracking ... They do much better air drying and I couldn't see any difference between the mugs that air cooled and if anything they actually looked better...  Make sure you use heat tape and make them tight so there is no ghosting and I wrap butcher paper around mine to keep everything clean..

The ones you did look good a little more practice and you will be a pro

Thanks.

The ink may be created for 400 degrees, but what about the coozie??

Not sure what its melting point is?

I am going to have to make a chart for my wall with all the heat press instructions/settings/times for all these different items lol.

The koozie centers stuck together? If so it's cheap koozies and I use a lot of them but I learned a trick I cut a piece of cardstock that I slide in the middle before I press then so they don't stick to themselves, The neoprene koozies don't do that but they cost quite a bit more.

Got my color profiles, got it setup and after about 15 attempts of printing i finally found the right setup.

Ok my first full color photo attempt on a mug...got a little bleeding at the bottom...is this due to pressure in the heat press?

20150604_113731_zpszvwqgjcd.jpg

like jay said that isn't bleeding - you must be using a press - the bottom of the mug and handle will wick the heat away and you will have that fading.  in the last one you stayed far enough away from the bottom to avoid that.  to get close to the bottom and handle you need to use the cactus wraps in the oven where the bottom and handle are also heated to the same temp.  on the waterr quench - if you take one that you did that with and rub some black shoe polish on it and tub that off you will see all the crazing int he glaze coat on the mugs - that is what you hear cracking when you water cool them.

Ok this printer is pissing me off. Doing 2 mugs for a friend..i print the first one, it comes out beautiful, i immediately print the second one, it comes out all grainy

I doubt its the printer The press may have gotten to hot maybe the gauge is off.  Let it cool down and try again.  I have found out that the grain means one of three things either too much time, pressure, or high temp  nothing else.  You need to try different things and when you figure it out write the setting down ...

No the press has nothing to do with it..im talking right out of the printer..before i press them...i printed one it was beautiful, then the second one printed like crap.

Yeah i am making notes of all my heat press settings, gonna make a chart to put on the wall by the presses.

This way when my wife starts helping, all the info will be there

Are you printing on the highest quality setting? I used to do it on a lower setting until I started noticing inconsistencies in my prints and the highest quality setting pretty much eliminated that. Option #2 is a Ricoh printer they are pretty much bulletproof as far as print quality. They just cost more to buy and ink is much higher.

Yes the same image...for some reason after the 1st one printed, the printer reset back to "standard" quality...i changed it back to High and it printed great again...

Yes the same image...for some reason after the 1st one printed, the printer reset back to "standard" quality...i changed it back to High and it printed great again...

I always double check on each printing.

It's a pain in the rear, but since I've gotten in the habit, I know that the quality, paper size and all that are correct.

Especially when I use the smaller cup size paper and forget to change it from letter size to the cup size.

Im pretty sure you are using the 7110 like I am......You can set up your own custom profiles...Say for example for doing your mugs you would set everything up one time and save it and then when you are printing mugs all you have to do is click on the mug profile every time before you print and so on....

Yeah Are you going into printers on your menu and changing them there.  If you are just doing it on the print page it wont work.  You have to go to printers and devises and change it there, otherwise it doesnt seem to save it...

Good luck

https://www.cobraink.com/videos/Ajusting%20printer/start%20video.html

• Like 2

I set my Epson up so print high quality, and mirror every print. However when I do a behind glass print like cutting board or other I just remember to uncheck mirror.. 

• Like 1

Ok i am really hating this stupid printer...

i can not get it to print properly...its all grainy again...i have check all the correct settings, and it seems 1 out of 20 sheets it will print perfect in...i am wasting a crap load of paper and ink.

i called richard at cobraink, he said there's air in the system, and stepped me thru how to prime it....i have done that 3 times now, wasting a shitload of ink, and it still will not print correctly.

I have the same issue and richard told me the same thing. My blue test is 90% good, then I clean and it drops to 50% good. Wasted half the ink trying to save money. From what I am reading on the various forums these systems either work perfect or don't. For the record if i swap to original cartridges everything is perfect. I am ordering a Ricoh today and using the Epson for regular printing.

• Like 1

Yea I had many headaches with a Epson for dye sub printing. many upon many nights getting the heads cleaned. I bought a Ricoh this spring and even with not printing for almost 2 months it printed perfect without any head cleanings or anything. The machine was powered down the whole time. It's worth the investment in a good printer.

There is a post in the For sale section here for someone who has a Ricoh for sale at a really good price!