Rip_frannie

Laser point

I just got a good deal on a laser point,I tried to set it up on my laptop I use for my mk-870. But for some reason it won't cut. I have tried the USB port and the parallel both. The USB will not make the sound when the device is turned on. But the parallel does. Any suggestions ? It does do the test cut , rolls back and forth and everything. I had given a U.S. Cutter rep remote access but we ran out of time before I had to go to work. I was thinking about deleting the software and starting over with the laser point being my initial device. I'm using windows 8 but also have vista on the 2 work laptops and desktop

Sounds like a driver issue to me.....go to the us cutter website support and download section and download the correct driver for your cutter and try again. ..

But did you install the proper drivers for that machine? It doesn't look like they offer a driver for windows 8.....You will have to get with US Cutter Support on this one...

post-92305-0-65352000-1431785481_thumb.j

Yeah I tried. It's weird. I have a rockkey that came with it. My laptop recognizes that 2. I was thinking maybe a motherboard issue.

Are you sure it is a Laser Pointer 11?   There is also a Laser Pointer 1  Which is made by Creation..    The Laser pointer 11 Is made by Liyu

When connected via USB and the cutter is on  >>   Go into the start menu and right click "Computer" then go to manage. Then click on "Device Manager". It should populate with computer components that are categorized with expansion arrows to the left of the category names. Look for "Ports (Com & LPT)". If you see it, click the expanding arrow and state the USB port and COM number for the program to use. If you do not see it then the correct drivers have either not been installed or your computer does not see the USB device.

Also you can disconnect the USB connector from your computer, look into the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category int he device manager, then plug in the USB and see if a new option appears or one of the options populate. That will inform you that the drivers ARE there but you have not setup the port connection yet. (usually done in the program you are using. )

Hope this helps.

Took the side casing off the laser point today. There was a ground disconnected. I found a article on holding the red switch down to factory reset and it worked for a guy. When I use the serial to USB , it recognizes , I hear the sound and it says "was sent to cutter" but don't cut. When it's just the USB. I get nothing at all , it says connect the cutter. So I'm gonna try the reset , fresh drivers and reinstalling the sure cuts a lot. Trying to advoid the mother board replacement. I'm gonna have a closer look to see if everything's connected where it should be.

Took the side casing off the laser point today. There was a ground disconnected. I found a article on holding the red switch down to factory reset and it worked for a guy. When I use the serial to USB , it recognizes , I hear the sound and it says "was sent to cutter" but don't cut. When it's just the USB. I get nothing at all , it says connect the cutter. So I'm gonna try the reset , fresh drivers and reinstalling the sure cuts a lot. Trying to advoid the mother board replacement. I'm gonna have a closer look to see if everything's connected where it should be.