Sign in to follow this  
Leland Webb

First sublimation projects

Okay so here are some sample pieces that I did. I am thinking they are a bit light. My question is, am I not setting the temp high enough, maybe not enough time, or pressure. Being new at this I could really use some help. I am using the new sawgrass sg400 printer, green star paper and 8 in 1 heat press system

post-90121-0-51005700-1431745575_thumb.j

post-90121-0-74981000-1431745591_thumb.j

post-90121-0-84786400-1431745829_thumb.j

post-90121-0-30239900-1431745971_thumb.j

• Like 1

8 in 1 heat press system

I'm going to bet the problem lies there.   8-in-1 systems are adequate for HTV and such, but sublimation is very temperature sensitive.  If you haven't already, get yourself an IR thermometer and measure the surface temperature of the platens in multiple locations to check against what the thermostat displays.  Being off as little as 10° can mean the difference between a good print and a bad print.

8-1 press sounds problematic , however try adjusting pressure, make sure your color profile is right. your pressing at 400 degrees bump that up by 5 degrees. I would suggest to purchase a temp gun to find out how hot your press goes get. Other thing is see if you can send it back and get refund, I know it takes a lot of space but order separate presses to do each products such as hats, t-shirts, plates, cups and so forth. The issue I always see with this is not constant heating, and once that control board goes out your done with doing anything.