Rip_frannie

Hp130 on vinyl

I just came across a hp 130. Was wondering if anyone has tried it with vinyl printing. Using a ciss system with the correct ink ? I know some heat tranfer vinyl you can print onto. But has anyone tried it ? I do have a roll and will when I get it all setup.

Aqueous based printers are made for printing indoor media. You can get specialty vinyl that you can print on with it, but don't expect much of an outdoor lifespan. 6 months without a laminate & 6-12 months with a laminate.

The problem with the aqueous media is the coating that is required for the ink to adhere fails after awhile even when laminated.

To make durable outdoor decals you need a solvent or latex printer and they start in the 12-15,000 range. The upkeep is also expensive. You will also need a laminator and media.

You can use a ciss with a different ink but the solvent ink required to do it properly will eat your printer from the inside out.

What about a ciss system with a different ink.

Pigment ink will work the best for you. Big professional printers for outdoor graphics use solvent, eco-solvent, UV, or latex inks. They are in a whole different ballgame than your standard printer. Those inks cannot be used in your printer. Solvent ink would melt your printer.

I have a fj-600. Just got this cheap and was wondering the capabilities

just checked solventprinterconversions and they list that as a model that can't be converted to solvent ink for outdoor use but keep buying them sooner or later you might find one.  of course by then you will have spent as much as if you had bought the proper printer in the first place IMHO