Sign in to follow this  
wolfecc

Help cutting heat transfer vinyl

I am new to the heat transfer vinyl. I recently purchased a titan 53". I cant get heat transfer vinyl to cut right for me. Can some please give me some advice. What blade should I use I am trying to cut  sissier glitter and holograph. I can not see the cut marks on the black holograph to try to weed.  The cutting is it and miss. I have had no trouble cutting regular vinyl. 

Add more blade and more pressure for the glitter (I generally double both for what I cut calendered vinyl). I haven't tried holograph, but I have some on hand.

What blade do you use?I have tried to increase the presser and still cant get holograph vinyl to cut right. 

I'd recommend getting several blade holders. Use a separate holder/blade for different types of material. The thicker material will dull your blade faster, then when you go to cut regular vinyl your pressure setting might be off. I have 5 blade holders, each with a 60 degree clean cut blade.

• Like 1

Just got some Sisser Easy Weed , And just for the heck of it I run a test cut before I changed any thing on my machine and it cuts it great....45 degree blade set to cut 3mil calender vinyl....And WOW, it really is ready to weed....lol

I cut halo and flock on the same setting with 2 pass. its usually double what my settings for siser weed.