lonestarcountrymusic

Which one are you using?

I have to make my own usually.

How do you go about that TauntDevil?  You drawing them up or ? My artistic skills went the door along time ago lol.

I just take a straight on picture and a few key measurements and design on that. Templates are notorious for not being super accurate.

• Like 2

www.the-blueprints.com has just about everything but these are not "architectural" drawings by any means but simply just line drawings...as jaybird said may not be exact to scale (i.e. headlight placement/door handles, ect.) being that these are created and submitted by graphic artists and not the manufacturer. 

• Like 2

A picture locked in place suffices for many things.  If you place a yard stick or ruler on the car with a piece of tape, then you have a way to scale the picture to one on one in your design software.  

I am not doing full on wraps.  If I were, I would want a source for more accurate templates.

However, I have eyeballed this set of templates, they offer some free ones:

http://www.unleash.com/ddw/vehicle-templates/

• Like 1

I do what dc does and have a tape somewhere in the pic or measure a door or something to scale a pic up to actual size then design on top. I also do not do full wraps so that's a whole different world. 

• Like 1

There will be some Trial & Error with any decal that's meant to be placed on non-flat, convoluted planes.

For instance, a Stripe that is intended to follow the contours of fender well bulges...

A flat picture cannot take into account the three dimensional protrusions of an actual auto.

Patterns will likely have to be made and adjusted for some graphics to lie as intended.

• Like 2