Go-C Graphics

Go-C Graphics

This will be my official "Show my work Post"

""VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED""

You have been warned.

Prototype #3   This is a HUGE improvement over prototype #2.  

post-69458-0-15777300-1431320361_thumb.jpost-69458-0-52574300-1431320371_thumb.jpost-69458-0-27019800-1431320380_thumb.jpost-69458-0-29415400-1431320389_thumb.jpost-69458-0-07698800-1431320395_thumb.j

And Here's a Video for your viewer enjoyment.  

I will be posting all sexy images in this post from now on.   

Enjoy.  

• Like 9

So awesome!  :thumbsup:

But now you're just being mean.  :lol:

Question though.

How long did it take the laser to do the graphics on the acrylic?

It looks great. I'm also interested in how long it took. How long did the wooden base take and how long did the acrylic take. Did you glue the base together or use screws and how difficult is it to replace the LED strip?

That is class, excellent work, looked at these once upon a time on the "bay", didn't know wether to risk one off there though!

Nice, what machine are you using?

mark-s

I was waiting for that!  I was thinking the same thing Mark, but neither one of us has taken the plunge... YET

wow. now you can make some for us :lol:  Is the acrylic sand blasted or lasered. ?

Another question for you. Did you get any indication on expected lifespan of the laser element in that thing? I assume they eventually burn out and need a new one. 

So awesome!  :thumbsup:

But now you're just being mean.  :lol:

Question though.

How long did it take the laser to do the graphics on the acrylic?

The acrylic took about 7-8 mins to engrave and cutout.

It looks great. I'm also interested in how long it took. How long did the wooden base take and how long did the acrylic take. Did you glue the base together or use screws and how difficult is it to replace the LED strip?

Acrylic = See above

The wood base took about 3 mins to cutout.  Then I glued the layers together.

Nice, what machine are you using?

mark-s

Honestly I haven't been able to find a model number for this one.   I know the controller is a RDG4662.   But no model# for the whole unit. 

I'd post a link to the ebay item but the Ebay seller I used SUCKED.  Lied about shipping and lied about how long it would take and left me hanging with a fake tracking number for almost a week. 

Just search 50W lasers on ebay and you'll find the one I bought. 

wow. now you can make some for us :lol:  Is the acrylic sand blasted or lasered. ?

The Acrylic was engraved using the laser. 

Another question for you. Did you get any indication on expected lifespan of the laser element in that thing? I assume they eventually burn out and need a new one. 

The expected life span of the laser tube isn't great.   The listing only states about 1000 hours of life but you'll start seeing a drop around 500 hours.   I knew what I was getting myself into so I'm prepared to have to purchase a new laser tube and maybe even a new power supply. It'll cost me around $400-$600.  You have to be good with eletronics because some things you have to check.  The manufacture seems to overclock the power supply and that'll burn things out faster too.  You have to measure things like laser amp draw and make adjustments.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information Go-C. I really like the finished product. It sounds like a lot of work to get everything set up but hopefully it won't require constant adjustment.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information Go-C. I really like the finished product. It sounds like a lot of work to get everything set up but hopefully it won't require constant adjustment.

The way I view it, it's the same as a vinyl cutter.   The laser I got is no where near a graphtec but It's also not a MH either. 

Because it's not a graphtec I expect to run into some problems, which I already have.  

The exhaust isn't working great which means the optics will build up a film soon. I'm currently looking for a way to double the cfm it's moving. 

I had a glitch the other night and the laser wouldn't engrave where I wanted it too. 

I'm sure there will be more.  

• Like 1

I don't recommend sticking a lot of popcorn in the machine to see what happens...

post-24492-0-36395900-1431399721_thumb.j

• Like 3

I don't recommend sticking a lot of popcorn in the machine to see what happens...

attachicon.gif062.jpg

You just gave me an idea.   I'm going to stick a single kernel under the laser beam.  

Wonder what happens. 

You just gave me an idea.   I'm going to stick a single kernel under the laser beam.  

Wonder what happens. 

Slice and dice?

I'm thinking the heat will be too concentrated to pop the kernel, that it will just cut through it.