StickyDesigns

Need some help with a new mug heat press!

Here is a review that might lend some help. I know from my small amount of experience with other products that temp is important but time seems to be more important as long as you are getting up to that 400deg mark. I played with different temps and then different times and found a lot of color changes from varying the time. I have not done mugs. I'd recommend an infrared heat gun to see where the heat actually is because a lot of the Chinese made products are often off by a fair amount. 

post-20133-0-59820600-1431214525_thumb.p

I always have trouble with paper sticking. Conde rep said to lighten the pressure. Still no help. Blacks are also coming out brown a lot of the time.

Light pressure, press time of 235 seconds at 385*. 

Should I shorten press time?

I also always have a faint spot anywhere the paper is. 

Ok got the directions and did a mug at 350 for 180 seconds and it came out good! Just used a layout that was too long so the edges didn't turn out. Gonna try again! 

i was pressing @400 for 200 sec.per directions i printed from somewhere. I read where too much time can cause black to be brown. - seemed backwards to me but it was so. I set my temp to 350 @ 180 sec. and is much better. Now if i could definitely figure out the stupid controls on this press i would be more confident. StickyDesigns, are you setting the idle timer also. I have to play with it so much to get it going that i loose so much time. Also, the instructions state to put mug in then set time :huh: That contradicts all i have read other places. I have been placing a blank mug in for it to preheat then take that one out and put one to be sub'd in.

I sure with there was a video for this specific press. !!!!

I preheat with a blank mug also. It's worked fine for me.

You can change the idle temp so is only a few degrees below you sublimation temp.....That way when you take out the blank mug and insert the actual mug your going to print to it only has a minor adjustment to be made.....Works for me anyway