Sign in to follow this  
MK Creations

Graphtec Studio Weeding Lines

I am looking for the weed line settings.  In the user's  manual it says (see weed settings) but cant ever find them.

I did find the weed border, but it only cuts a box around the project. There are supposed to be more options. Does anyone know why the other options aren't there?

Melissa

ok, I found a drop down box in my Graphtec software that says "weed settings"          when I clicked on it, all it does is bring up the weed option panel with the padding option, but no other choice is there. I need more weed lines on a few things and its driving me nuts because I am supposed to have 4 options and I don't. ughhhhhhh

Do you have a Bezier tool or a pen tool in the software? You can draw a line wherever you want to put it and send it to the cutter that way. Or is there a easy weed selection in/on your cut dialog window?

Yes, that's what I have been doing. I just found another manual that says the lines are available in Graphtec studio Pro.             apparently I just have GS. I will email Graphtec to see how to get pro because I can't find the DL anywhere.

Yes, that's what I have been doing. I just found another manual that says the lines are available in Graphtec studio Pro.             apparently I just have GS. I will email Graphtec to see how to get pro because I can't find the DL anywhere.

That's how they reel you in for the big sale. Ha ha! 

I bought over $2000 worth of stuff, they are going to give it to me!!!!!!!!!  I just have to wait until the morning to get a hold of someone. GRR!

I've been looking for the Pro version for over a year. It seems like they planned to release it then just gave up or something. If you do find it, let us know...

jmas,

Graphtec technical support answered me this morning and this is what he said "The PRO version isn't available yet. I believe it may be ready by the end of the year"  

Well, let's hope so JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!

You might try using SignCut Pro. They have a weeks free trial and lots of options after the trial time is up. I don't know if your Graphtec Studio will export in an SVG or EPS format or not, that would be the kicker. 

The only thing I miss with Sign Cut is it's great weed line abilities.

Don't know of another software that can match it there.

(but, as mentioned, not that time consuming to add them in the file.

I have just gotten used to physically razoring them into the finished

pieces before weeding them)

• Like 1

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if you found a workaround MK Creations? I tried putting boxes around some of my designs, but it then doesn't cut the design, only the boxes. 

I figured it out for anyone looking for the same solution. Under "Configure Cut Job" you have to select cut "By Color". For some reason, selecting "All" doesn't actually cut all.