Sign in to follow this  

Using Flexi 10, everything is set up properly, cuts one day then the next nothing. The program manager says its cutting but the machine isnt moving at all. Cannot find a thread on to why its happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Carl

If on USB,  it is always best to have it on a serial connection, such as a serial cable, serial card or a Tripp-lite Keyspan adapter,  that is the brand name.   A Belkin cable will also work...Other brands just do not work with a vinyl cutter.

USB is not true USB on the value cutters,  Also make sure your cutter is grounded good to the stand, if you have a stand.

And in case you missed it in the instructions,  Baude Rate is 4800 on that cutter.

Baud rate is good, stand grounded (I'm a electrician by trade) changed to the lpt1 port with the cable and it still does nothing. I'm going to run some errands. I'll look for one of those adapters. Thanks for the help. If ya can think of anything else I'd appreciate it.

Carl

And you followed all of the instructions here, including downloading the correct driver?

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/mh-series-vinyl-cutter-setup.html

Here is the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter,,,, prices vary

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-Type-A-Male-DB-9-Male-USA19HS-Tripplite-/111647589631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19feb704ff

Baud rate is good, stand grounded (I'm a electrician by trade) changed to the lpt1 port with the cable and it still does nothing. I'm going to run some errands. I'll look for one of those adapters. Thanks for the help. If ya can think of anything else I'd appreciate it.

Carl

Are you using the cable that came with the cutter? Is the software set to the right Com port?

How long do you let the printer sit on before sending it another job? My cutter, if I leave it on when I got back to my computer and work on something, it will do the same. Kind of like a sleep mode maybe. Usually happens if I leave it on about 20-25 minutes or so. Not an issue for me but not sure if your cutter is doing the same?

As an IT guy and in simple form. Did you try turning it off and back on and attempt to have it cut something then?

Signyouup yes its on the right port. I went and bought a usb cable a bit longer to reach where it had to go. TauntDevil yes I have turned it on and off a few times. even waited a half hour just to be sure. I'm going to try it on my laptop and see. I'll keep ya updated. Thanks again.

Carl

Are you on a laptop maybe?

On laptops, it's common for the default setting to allow the laptop to turn off the USB port.   

You need to go into device manager to change this setting

No laptop here. Its been working. But i did pick up the Tripp-lite adaptor. Mr Skeeter is there a perticular way to hook this up?

"Mz" Skeeter  says,,  Plug the USB end of the Keyspan Adapter into your laptop,  then connect a NULL modem cable to the serial end of the Keyspan Adapter,  then the other serial end to your vinyl cutter.

I have an MH871 and had the same problem about a year ago.  One day it would work and the next, nothing.  I am using the serial connection and my issue ended up being the I/O board failure.  Bought a new one from USC and installed it in minutes and been running great ever since!  Knock on wood!

Plugged it all in. and it went bezerk doing a test like 30 times. I finally shut off the machine. went back to the usb and it seems to be ok. for now. sigh. I had a seki tech vinyl cutter for 7 years without a problem. I figured it was time for a newer one. I never thought I would have this many issues.

So frustrated, no it didn't fix the problem.

I've never had an MH but I see more posts of problems and issues with that model than any other one out there. Cheapest isn't necessarily the best value, especially if you figure in your time and aggravation. 

Plugged it all in. and it went bezerk doing a test like 30 times. I finally shut off the machine. went back to the usb and it seems to be ok. for now. sigh. I had a seki tech vinyl cutter for 7 years without a problem. I figured it was time for a newer one. I never thought I would have this many issues.

So frustrated, no it didn't fix the problem.

The MH is a downgrade from a Seiki Tech.  I started with a Seiki Tech and still have it. But upgraded in 2008 to a Graphtec and never looked back..  Why didn't you go purchase another Seiki Tech?

Had a seiki and a mh the seiki was much better.

Well the seiki was old. I heard from some people that the support from us cutter was good. I called seiki once. I don't speak a forigen language. Now I'm thinking of ordering a new motherboard for it and going back to it. I bought the seiki cheaper than the us cutter. I figured more expensive model better features. Again I was wrong. Plus I wouldn't have met all you folks...See what I did there...Lol. Thanks for all your help so far.

Carl

I hope you get it figured out just wish I could be of more help.

I have a MH  MK2 and the only issue i have had. When i bought it it was just for fun. it still is. The first 2 or 3 cuts I made had to have been sheer luck. They came out fine. Now when I got everyone said don't buy it because its broken. Small town. I use everything you guys say not to. usb cable laptop all the no no's. When mine screwed up first i got screamed at by my wife. I started reading this site. From the very begining it was never completely un boxed. the carrige was not checked st the cutter wouldn't drop. I love mine I guess I got lucky. Pleas don't take my not doing it your way as an insult. I will eventually buy a new one. Bit for now I;m happy.

• Like 1