Sign in to follow this  
dirtrocker

How do you keep up stock?

I bought a case of mugs from Conde and just realized today that it doesn't take long to run out of cups.

I'll blow through those mugs in no time at all.
So now I have to think about another order and since I can't very well make an order for less than $100 (well, trying to convince the wife that), so I'll have to add stuff to get to that $100. LOL!

And it's amazing how when I have to talk to my wife about this, I become "The Negotiator". LOL!

Well, I'll make this much and buying enough mugs is this much. And oh yeah, I should probably get some mousepads and did you see the pet tags? They aren't that much.

Why does she always give me that look like I'm in trouble? 
The good thing is, she can't resist my charm. ROFL!

We now buy 10 and 15oz mugs 10 boxes at a time, with all the other sub supplies like stubby cooler and mouse mats we order 200 each time, items such as stone, hardboard frames, tiles and key chains we buy by the box and normally several boxes at a time we find doing this we get really good discounts and it is easy when we get a order through the door, I have a 10' x 10' storeroom that we keep everything in.

We have to do this as we live in a semi-remote village and when we order anything it can take over a week to arrive so we just keep what we need in stock and re-order as we start to get low, I also do the same with our signage, engraving and embroidery supplies.

I keep 2 cases of mugs but conde warehouse on the westcoast is 5 minutes from me if i need more i order by 5 there time and go pick up in a hr. But once your wife see the income she should be pretty cool

I keep 2 cases of mugs but conde warehouse on the westcoast is 5 minutes from me if i need more i order by 5 there time and go pick up in a hr. But once your wife see the income she should be pretty cool

Yeah, but I didn't start this for an income. 

It's a "hobby". LOL!

I showed some of the guys I do tanks for and each one of them is like, "Make us some."

I haven't even got this down yet.

"I don't care. Make us some."

Ok, but I gotta charge you.

"Which part of make us some didn't you get?"

$25 each.

"Ok, now you're pushing your luck."

ROFL! Well, I tried.

If using Conde..... you can call into your rep.... they will most always let you oder less than 100 bucks.  I have actually ordered just 1 case of mugs before.  You can save money on shipping by getting a second case tho.  Plus, once you have your rep on the phone, maybe you could ask for a sample of something you would like to try out before you commit to buy a whole bunch.

My rep is great.  Very nice and easy to work with!

• Like 1

I almost never order $100 from conde and they never say no.

If using Conde..... you can call into your rep.... they will most always let you oder less than 100 bucks.  I have actually ordered just 1 case of mugs before.  You can save money on shipping by getting a second case tho.  Plus, once you have your rep on the phone, maybe you could ask for a sample of something you would like to try out before you commit to buy a whole bunch.

My rep is great.  Very nice and easy to work with!

Just make sure to get a pricing quote.  One time I ordered a small order (less than a pound - it was shipped in a bubble pack envelope) - I'm thinking it was around $13-14 in materials - shipping & handling brought the order to almost $28, basically doubling the cost of materials - and it was stuff I was ordering for my own use and for a gift, so there wasn't going to be any profit anyways... but ouch...

Oh I'm sure they'll let me order less than $100.
The question is, am I capable of ordering less than $100?
ROFL!

Too many sparkly things.  :lol:

When the boss lady let's me buy things and says, you have $100 to spend. Then when I get done, she asks how much did you spend.

$100  :rolleyes:

Right. How much did you really spend.
Uhm......$120?
"Mhmm. You're a dork." 
ROFL!

• Like 1

$100 is nothing 3 weeks ago $330 from conde, and 3 orders total from coastal in the last month or so about the same. Its the addiction of sublimation man. 

• Like 1

Yes, when ordering very little from Conde, the shipping sucks.  Shipping with them starts around 15 bucks no matter what it is!