CajunCustom

Cutter just started cutting wierd

my cutter is cutting weird , registration marks not lining up , double cutting a pattern , i did a image today cut it six times , on the last 2 they messed up , so i tried to cut 4 at a time again last 2 messed up , so i cut 2 at a time , if i cut them straight across the vinyl 24" cut mess's up , if i cut them the other direction leaving about 5" left over it cuts fine .. it has never done any of this before not sure whats going on , tried a reboot that didnt work either , im running a Titan 2 with Vinyl Master Pro v4

post-88381-0-05317100-1430890840_thumb.j

personally   I would contact support tomorrow - seams like I have seen a couple do similar things and not sure what the answer was

I will do , people on another sight suggested a anti static kit , i ordered one from uscutter i just want to nail the problem down

When my titan 2 started doing similar weird things I tried all kinds of fixes. I grounded it to my house, made my own "anti static kit" nothing helped. Customer support said on the titans static isn't an issue.

My belt tensioner ended up being broke, was sent a new machine but was displeased with the titan and sent the new one back and upgrading to a Graphtech.

Your issues mimic what I was seeing as well that helped me justify a graphtech.

Doubt you are going to find it to be static with the Titan as the cutter is grounded then attached to the metal stand with metal to metal like the graphtec and Roland, but can't remember if the rollers had plastic ends that insulated them so it is conceivable that the vinyl roll isn't able to discharge thru the stand/cutter. Just never had a static or USB problem at all when I had the Titan. Will be interested to know the answer myself. That is why I thought call support instead of searching yourself

Talked with Matt at Uscutter today , he remoted into my system and did a few different test cuts for about an hour , i dont use sure cuts alot that is what they use , it cut fine in sure cuts alot , only thing he can narrow it down too is software i use Vinyl Master Pro v4 , ill have to call them next , Uscutters is great customer support , said if Vinyl Master cant help me call them back and they will see what they can do even though they dont use that software

• Like 2

Just curious are you running windows 8? I've noticed some weird things with vinyl master and 8

every bad cut with my Titan ended up being a software issue. Every single one.

• Like 1

Windows 7 , could use any help that anyone has , contacted Us Cutter today , Matt spent about a hour remote into my system , in sure cuts alot pro it cuts perfect , i have been fighting since then cutting decals it is screwing up so much , called 5 times to Vinyl Master's number no answer just a answering machine , everything used to cut fine now its just all messed up sometimes not even cutting the complete image , registration marks way of etc etc , i have never used sure cuts alot that makes it worse at this moment dont have time to play with a new software

post-88381-0-63331900-1430948512_thumb.j

damn....Skarekrow (probably not) or someone mentioned that their support sucks :( .....

thanks for keeping us up-to-date :) !!!!!!!!

oh....was it you Jay ;) ?? 

Try to deactivate and uninstall then reinstall

If their support was worth a crap they'd be a great company but I'm not holding my breath.

support contacted me back thru email , after doing a number of cuts and tests with a pen they were saying it could be my usb port " um no " etc etc then they said it might be the cutter because at the time it wasnt doing anything bad , last pen test and on the first row it did the last circle over and over about 4 times , he took a screen shot downloaded a file said he would have to get with the engineers them poof bye in like a second

post-88381-0-17642000-1431000000_thumb.j

Just a Update to let people know what happened with this , never got a call email or anything from Vinyl Master again , so when its time for a software update ill try another company that would support what they sell , i have reinstalled everything and also added a static kit from uscutter , so far so good

• Like 1

Give them about 30 days. They're kinda slow down under.

Welp i had to do some cuts last night and it seems that it has started all over again , i deleted all the jobs out of the list of jobs i had done , i rebooted the cutter and the computer still does it i wasted about half a roll of vinyl , it seems to do it only in 1 direction now if i cut like pictured it cuts fine if i cut the other way even a smaller image it gets all wierd its cutting on top of each other

post-88381-0-31409000-1432394395_thumb.j

post-88381-0-17021300-1432394575_thumb.j

post-88381-0-27283200-1432394590_thumb.j

Curious.... I sent an email with a question to VinylMaster last Thursday @ 11:12 am and

received a response from Mathew Wayne at 6:08 pm the same day.

I need to email them sometime. It seems when they fixed my polling they only fixed it for length not width but  I've been dreading dealing with them.

• Like 1

i guess i will have to email them again , they never contacted me back about the problem , last contact with them was on may 6th , sad customer service if you ask me

Try replacing your cables......mine starts cutting funny every so often so I change USB cables and problem solved. Might just be my cutter though. A while back, my dogs pulled my laptop down while it was attached to the cutter. Results, broken screen on the laptop and messed up the connector on the side of the cutter that the USB cable comes off of. Good luck and I hope this helps

i am starting to think its the cutter also , last night i went to cut a file and it started cutting find then just stopped dead like it was stuck , i went to try again and record it and then it worked fine , tried again and it locked up again , thought it might be a blade broke or something changed the blade , worked fine 2 or 3 cuts then bam locked up again , i put in a email to uscutter i need to get this fixed i swear i ruined a roll of vinyl yesterday