Sign in to follow this  
dcbevins

Corrugated Plastic 4’x8’ - 4mm - White

Hey guys,

I have dealt with the smaller corrugated plastic blanks in the bast.

I am looking at the 4'x8' ones at http://www.uscutter.com/Corrugated-Plastic-Sign-Blanks-Standard-Grade-4-x8-x4mm-50-Sheets.

I have not dealt with the large ones before.

So I take it that with the flutes in the ground, this would be 8' wide and 4'tall.

What kind of stakes do you use and does USCutter have them hidden on their site someplace?  Would two of the 10" x 30" H frame stakes work?

Will an eight foot sign stay in the ground and not blow over with those skinny little stakes?

Any problem cutting them in half and getting 4'x4's?  Would one 10" x 30" H frame stake hold up a 4'x4?

anything that large is going to give you problems. It should be solid mounted to a ply backer or something with a full channel all around IMO I don't think I would even attempt to stake it.

• Like 2

Flutes from the ground up would be 8' high. anything over 2'x3 max is gonna need some kind of frame for it.

I had thought those would be too big for the same usage as the smaller ones.  

I am not sure if I should charge more and supply some kind of  backing and instructions on use or leave it up to the customer to nail it to a tree or whatever they want to do with it. 

Having to mount in on plywood is going to add cost and time and make me have to consider how to price in a new light.  Just handing it over and saying, "you really should mount this on something solid," would end my involvement.  But they might not be satisfied if they were looking for a whole solution.

Not sure which way to go there. 

Most of ours go out the door as just the panel. Most people don't like to pay the markup for me to get the plywood and attach it.

Yeah 4mm is pretty thin to leave it full sized and have it stay together. Have seen people zip tie or bolt it to chain-link fences before. 

They want $198.00 for 10 of the 4'x8' blanks form UsCutter.  BUT, they want $667.38 to ship FedEx Express Saver to Virginia!!

There is no way I am paying 3x what the product is worth to ship.

Anybody have a better source for blank 4'x8's?

Make friends with a sign shop. They might sell you one for twice their cost, which should still be less than you can get them for. They probably order them by the pallet. Also, check with local building supply stores. Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, etc.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Coroplast-48-in-x-96-in-x-0-157-in-White-Corrugated-Plastic-Sheet-CP4896S/205351385

I get mine from grimco and luckily I'm on a delivery route.

I don't know where you live dc but there should be a local sign supply shop in your area. They will sell per piece. They will also carry all sorts of other stuff. 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Wildgoose  the local sign supply is a two hour drive.  But, I finally, just drove there and picked some up, in Bristol, Va.

I don't have a truck so I was looking for shipping solutions.  I talked a friend with a truck into going this time.  The place in Bristol said they will add me to their delivery route for $30.00 a delivery.  So that might work for the future.

Home Depot has some they will ship to the store or house.  But it is like a two week wait.   Can't find any in Lowe's.

Jaybird, I'll keep Grimco in mind, I don't have an account with them atm.

• Like 1