CoopDawg

using new blade holder

I bought one of those $50 blade holders off ebay that is supposed to be designed for the pcut cutter.  It is supposed to be better than the oem one.  I have been having a little trouble with the one that came with my cutter so I thought I would give this one a try.  Anyone know how the blade is supposed to mount in it?

Should just load in the blade holder and snap into place magnetically, with the blade end sticking out.

I find the blade and pen holder to be a pain to install and remove. I have to remove the lock screw and spread the holder with unacceptable force. It will break and I don't want it to happen during a big order.

I have not heard of one breaking yet when putting the pen attachment or blade holder in. Over time it should loosen up.

I have not heard of one breaking yet when putting the pen attachment or blade holder in. Over time it should loosen up.

The problem is with the carriage or the holders. The blade and pen holders are not the correct size to fit he carriage without forcing them.

Guest fivestar

I find the blade and pen holder to be a pain to install and remove. I have to remove the lock screw and spread the holder with unacceptable force. It will break and I don't want it to happen during a big order.

Why would you need to move it during a big job?  The only time I ever move mine is when I install a new blade and that is very rare.  BTW, my refine works perfectly, don't know if the pcut is a different design or not.

Never had a problem with mine... slides in and out just fine, and when I loosen the thumb screw, the clip comes apart.  :thumbsup:

Never had a problem with mine... slides in and out just fine, and when I loosen the thumb screw, the clip comes apart.  :huh:

It seems either there is an issue with the carriage mount or the blade holder is the incorrect diameter for it. I'm thinking it's a problem with storage and/or shipping. The lock screw I found when unpacking and setting up to be tightened completely and the holder doesn't open when loosened. Hence needing to force it open to insert the blade holder. Plastic tends to break so I'm concerned being I sometimes need to change blades multiple times daily for different substrates.

I posted some pictures "somewhere"... that is normal, the arm has to be opened to install the blade holder. I loosen the thumbscrew, insert a small screwdriver (1/8" wide blade) give it a turn and the blade holder comes right out.

I posted some pictures "somewhere"... that is normal, the arm has to be opened to install the blade holder. I loosen the thumbscrew, insert a small screwdriver (1/8" wide blade) give it a turn and the blade holder comes right out.

Thanx Popeye, I'm glad to hear it's not an issue on these machines. I cut a job today and it performed flawlessly. I think the original question here was a replacement blade holder from another mfg.  I worked with a graphtec cutter for years and it also uses a plastic drag blade holder with even smaller blades. It's about 10 years old now and only on it's second holder. Be sure the holder is the exact replacement for the original and has all the same dimensions including the brand and size of blade it uses.