Go-C Graphics

You guys are killing my bank account. Showing off my new Toy

So yea...................   While everyone else here is all excited about sublimation printers I'm over here like....

F that shit,  I want a laser.  LOL

Someone here mentioned about Laser engravers so I started watching videos.  Then things went bad, I wanted one.  

I ended up getting the bigger china laser.   I'm still learning all about it.   I currently have to figure out how to keep it from splintering the acrylic when I cut it.   I'm thinking I have too much power.  I also have to learn how to measure in mm because their program doesn't use inches.  

I hope to be offering laser engraved items soon.   Keep me in mind.  

Here's the cool cart I built for it.  I needed something to put it on. PERFECTLY square.  55 1/4" from corner to corner each direction.

post-69458-0-46433700-1430712756_thumb.jpost-69458-0-06337400-1430712771_thumb.j

The Crate it came in. 

post-69458-0-35275600-1430712772_thumb.j

And the unit.

post-69458-0-01013700-1430712773_thumb.j

I haven't gotten a picture yet of it all set up.

Here's the VERY first thing I did.   Laser engraved my logo and cut out the oval and circle. Instant key chain. 

1/4" Cast Acrylic. post-69458-0-62407000-1430712913_thumb.j

Here's a few short videos of it in actions. 

Here's the begins of my R&D for producing bases.

The very first prototype of my 3 layer base.  

This was some SHITTY wood.   I need to find some higher quality wood for my next try.  

But in the end I'll sand the edges and use a router.  

Laser engraving 1/4" Acrylic

And the BEST part......   the DROP

I had to stop tonight but with alittle sanding and alittle router action I think it might work.  I'm going to try and find some better wood. 

post-69458-0-45198200-1430713348_thumb.jpost-69458-0-23452300-1430713349_thumb.j

Keep in mind this isn't perfect.   the edges are fractured from the laser cutting.   

I still have alot of learning to do but I thought I'd share and tell you guy how much you suck for showing me things like this.   

• Like 5

I ended up getting the bigger china laser.   I'm still learning all about it.   I currently have to figure out how to keep it from splintering the acrylic when I cut it.   I'm thinking I have too much power.  

Have you tried the "Stun" setting?

FYI: there is an extra space at the end of the URL for your "drop" video - it leads to a 404 Error unless you manually delete the space.

Have you tried the "Stun" setting?

FYI: there is an extra space at the end of the URL for your "drop" video - it leads to a 404 Error unless you manually delete the space.

I don't know why it's doing that.   I copy and pasted the link just like a did for the other 2 links.   

Update:  I think I got it fixed

Damnnnn....that looks CRAZY AWESOME :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEALOUS???!!! oh HELL YEAH :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't feel TOO bad, because I don't have ANY space for that, nor any money either :) !!!

But will DEFINATELY follow this thread ;) !!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS ON THE NEW TOY :) !!!!!!!!!!!

Man o man, sweet!

Cal

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Macon Innovations" data-cid="393028" data-time="1430735375"><p>

Nice,Very Nice.....Make a good exhaust system setup, Did it come with water cooler?</p></blockquote>

Yep. I've got an extra 6" exhaust fan inline. It's all blowing out the window right next to it.

Mine didn't come with a chiller. I've got a 6.5 gallon container circulating the water when I thermometer monitoring the temperature. If the temperature gets too high I just throw in a couple frozen Gatorade bottles.

Please Please tell me it was crazy expensive. That way I do't even look at them before I get in even more trouble lol

• Like 2

Please Please tell me it was crazy expensive. That way I do't even look at them before I get in even more trouble lol

Jaybird it was super duper expensive.

As well as time consuming and finicky.

Jaybird it was super duper expensive. As well as time consuming and finicky.

Thank God I am with you Jay

• Like 1

LOL

Does that thing come with a warranty? what do you do when you have a problem with it or something breaks on it? send it back to China for repair?  

That is pretty cool man. Not that I need another distraction!

I love playing with the laser cutters/engravers at my local makerplace, they have two 100w and an 80w, nice quality ones.

That is about as good as you are gonna get on cutting wood, the thicker stuff just takes too much heat and starts to burn it up. They are nice for engraving wood or cutting like 1/8" stuff but getting beyond that for wood is router territory.

Does that thing come with a warranty? what do you do when you have a problem with it or something breaks on it? send it back to China for repair?  

There's a fake 1 year warranty. They're just going to ask you to ship it back at your expense.

The good thing is I'm a Biomedical engineer for a hospital. I fix things for a living. Pretty sure I can handle any repairs.

I love playing with the laser cutters/engravers at my local makerplace, they have two 100w and an 80w, nice quality ones.

That is about as good as you are gonna get on cutting wood, the thicker stuff just takes too much heat and starts to burn it up. They are nice for engraving wood or cutting like 1/8" stuff but getting beyond that for wood is router territory.

Thanks for the heads up. It's pretty damn powerful. It blow through 1/4 acrylic and another 1/4" in to the wood post that was supporting the acrylic. I just need to keep playing and learning.

My laser is only a 40 watt laser and I have cut 1" hardwood with it before without trouble...And the way it cut indicated to me it could handle thicker.....But you have to FINE tune everything.....It took me almost 2 weeks to get the mirrors lined up PERFECTLY after upgrading them to a better grade...The stars have to line up just perfect and when they do it Magic......Is your table/or z axis movable or fixed?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Go-C Graphics" data-cid="393035" data-time="1430743728"><p>

Jaybird it was super duper expensive. As well as time consuming and finicky.</p></blockquote>

thank goodness lol.

Willing to do sub work when you got it all figured out where you want it? You know for us unlucky people lol.

Yes Definitely.  

My laser is only a 40 watt laser and I have cut 1" hardwood with it before without trouble...And the way it cut indicated to me it could handle thicker.....But you have to FINE tune everything.....It took me almost 2 weeks to get the mirrors lined up PERFECTLY after upgrading them to a better grade...The stars have to line up just perfect and when they do it Magic......Is your table/or z axis movable or fixed?

I've only gone as high as 60% power.  I need to get a meter on it and make sure the power supply is set right.  

Setting the mirrors was pretty easy for me. Only took me about 45min-1 hour.   

At the moment I don't see any need to upgrade anything.  The software is better then the Moshi program the smaller lasers comes with.  I just need to play with it more.   

My z table moves up and down about 7" manually with a knob.  

• Like 1