I was told by a US Cutter employee that if I wanted to do small detailed fonts that this was the machine to go with....Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Mike

Well the Titan 3 should be fine, since it has a servo motor which is what you need for small text. The cheaper Titan 1 has a stepper motor which is not good for smaller text.

But if you can fit it into your budget, I suggest the Graphtec ce6000, the 15" cutter costs twice as much as the Titan 2 but is a much, much better machine.

It is even hard to do 1/4 on a Graphtec,, depending on the font..Plus nothing left to stick,  no adhesive areas biggest enough to stick...Unless it is coated with something over it.  I have done 1/4" Avery chrome,  but hard to weed.

• Like 1

SKEETER, JAYBIRD, DAKOTA all warned me about this when I was looking into this, as I was thinking I was going to do a LOT of fine details...Lot of my lines were 1/16" of an inch or even smaller lines....The Graphtec and do it, but not enough vinyl area to stick on and it starts lifting up. Fortunately, it holds for the few minutes I need it to. I make custom wooden fishing gaffs for kayaking and after I put the sticker on, I coat it with resin. Works really good for my needs. I was thinking of getting the Titan, but wanted the consistency AND reliability of the Graphtec....

It is even hard to do 1/4 on a Graphtec,, depending on the font..Plus nothing left to stick,  no adhesive areas biggest enough to stick.

Not really, I have done text a little over 1/8" tall with no issues. Not on chrome vinyl but regular sign vinyl though.

Not really, I have done text a little over 1/8" tall with no issues. Not on chrome vinyl but regular sign vinyl though.

Do they stick good?  I just grabbed an ugly font, for Bossman,, we were testing...

I've cut letters so small I couldn't see to weed them. I vote graphtec for consistent reliability.

Jay, I was wondering about the same thing...When I was doing those small letterings, I'm thinking, damn, this could be a bitch if it were smaller, then I was thinking of the small intricate lines on the fishes that I REALLY want to do....think I may have a HEART ATTACK when i attempt those!!! Or.....like I think SKEETER said, re-design them :) !!!!

I've been wanting a pull out lit magnifying glass mounted by my desk. Eyes dont get better with age.

Do they stick good?  I just grabbed an ugly font, for Bossman,, we were testing...

Yes, but of course you want a bold font when you go that small. Here is a test cut I just made 3mm (1/8") tall microgramma bold font.

Stuck to a piece of plexiglass.

post-4069-0-31637600-1430604843_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Another good suggestion someone on the forum has posted a couple times is (if the application allows) weed it after the install. I have done this a time or two and it works. I would have to expect the servo motors on the Titan 2 capable of the small stuff similar to the rest of ours . Getting perfect set-up and a fresh blade etc... is at least as important though. 

• Like 1

Here's my stepper motor Titan test (same font and size) haven't played with my settings much but yea

Not as crisp and beautiful as MB20's haha but I'm sure a servo one could get same results! You can really see the quality on that text dang  :thumbsup:

post-91856-0-55402200-1430613555_thumb.j

OK , I apologize for even starting this thread.....With some tweaking i might be able to do it but I'm NOT going too :angry: ......I just didnt realize how small that actually is.......I'm not attempting that twice

• Like 1

OK , I apologize for even starting this thread.....With some tweaking i might be able to do it but I'm NOT going too :angry: ......I just didnt realize how small that actually is.......I'm not attempting that twice

lmao!!! I wanted to ask you to make a video...I wanted to watch you WEED IT ;) !!!!

VECTOR...GOOD JOB :) !!!

Ok so I have been tweaking for a little bit now and decided to try something small again.....

post-92305-0-07499800-1430931203_thumb.j

The small lettering at the bottom measures 2.59 mm

The width on the small S is 3.09mm.....

I didn't really try and make it that small....I was trying to keep the entire piece under 2"

The width on the small S is 3.09mm.....

I didn't really try and make it that small....I was trying to keep the entire piece under 2"

OUTSTANDING :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!