ernie.ucs

Looking to get a new cutter

About a year and a half ago I talked my boss into buying a cutter for me to cut out the decals for out trucking company trucks. Since then I have been doing a little work for other people and I have made myself a couple company shirts.

Initially I was approved to buy a cheap SW R31 that came with LXi software.

I am in the market to get something better since my R31 stopped working.

From all the reseach I have done I have came to realize to get a servo motor and I need to be able to cut 24" vinyl.

I have to stay under $1500 so I am thinking about getting the USCutter Titan 2

http://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-Vinyl-Cutter-28-53-inch

Is this a good machine?

I am going to get the anti static kit for it also.

Is the SCALPro better than LXi?

I am really limited to what I can do as far as custom work with LXi. I cant even make simple shapes.

• Like 1

titan2 was a great machine and we have a way to get it to work with your lxi which is a private branded flexi software so no comparison to the scalp scrapbooking software.  stay with your lxi.

About a year and a half ago I talked my boss into buying a cutter for me to cut out the decals for out trucking company trucks. Since then I have been doing a little work for other people and I have made myself a couple company shirts.

Initially I was approved to buy a cheap SW R31 that came with LXi software.

I am in the market to get something better since my R31 stopped working.

From all the reseach I have done I have came to realize to get a servo motor and I need to be able to cut 24" vinyl.

http://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-Vinyl-Cutter-28-53-inch

Is this a good machine?

I am going to get the anti static kit for it also.

Is the SCALPro better than LXi?

I am really limited to what I can do as far as custom work with LXi. I cant even make simple shapes.

on that 53" have you thought about what it will be like putting app tape on a 48" graphic and then trying to apply that monster?

that is why I went back to a 24" - almost ALL signs can be done in smaller segments that are easier to handle

If you truly want to pay one more time and be done with upgrading for 1500 .  . . .here is a great deal if you can deal with the 24"

http://www.uscutter.com/Refurbished-Graphtec-CE-6000-60

• Like 1

The 28" is the one I am getting. I am at around $1300 for the servo motor Titan 2. I am not going 53".

The thing I like about the Titan is that it comes with the basket and stand. I cannot do a table top model.

the refurb graphtec should come with the stand - as far as media basket it is highly over rated - I made one for my cutter and took it back off - several other people have bought and adapted this $15.00 one,   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Catch-Basket-for-LaserPoint-II-Vinyl-Cutter-Catch-Basket-for-31-5-Cutter-/151526075034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2347a86a9a

owned lots of cutters including the titan - still own a graphtec - nuff said

• Like 2

Try to squeeze another $250 out of him and get a Graphtec CE-6000-60.

I am sure it will be more reliable and last much longer than the Titan.

• Like 3

I currently own both the Titan2 28 inch and the Graphtec CE6000 24 inch cutters. The Graphtec is hands down a much better investment. Not only is it a better quality cutter, the resale value is much higher than the Titan2.

• Like 5

You can get the vinyl express branded graphtec which will run the lxi perfect! I just bought one myself and it's a great machine everything with it is branded graphtec. ....

So the Vinyl Express Qe6000 is the same as the Graphtec Ce6000?

Close, but not same,   Vinyl express QE6000-60  Is not even Mac compatible,  Graphtec will not support it,  ONLY Signwarehouse.com is your support.  And many, many complaints about Signwarehouse support..

Close, but not same,   Vinyl express QE6000-60  Is not even Mac compatible,  Graphtec will not support it,  ONLY Signwarehouse.com is your support.  And many, many complaints about Signwarehouse support..

The support at signwharehouse is not great, thats why I was looking to get something better.

The support at signwharehouse is not great, thats why I was looking to get something better.

Well then  don't get a cutter there....  I was in that situation when I bought my Graphtec....Bought the Graphtec and never looked back.. Never a problem,

As a former Titan 2 owner, get the Graphtech, I did and the only regret I have is I didn't start with the Graphtech.

Get the Graphtec. You will not be sorry. Love the one I have

Get what you can afford or what is in your budget and go from there.once you get started you can always upgrade pretty quick. i plan on upgrading to a graphtec as well but when i can .no harm in starting somewhere to get the money coming in..

I wont knock sign warehouse because I haven't had a single problem with the cutter and in my opinion its a Graphtec therefore it shouldn't have to many problems... true about the mac compatible but not a problem for me since im a pc guy! it cuts and works just like a Graphtec,because it is a Graphtec!!!! For someone new to the business like myself the money savings are very important!  just my two cents....

I wont knock sign warehouse because I haven't had a single problem with the cutter and in my opinion its a Graphtec therefore it shouldn't have to many problems... true about the mac compatible but not a problem for me since im a pc guy! it cuts and works just like a Graphtec,because it is a Graphtec!!!! For someone new to the business like myself the money savings are very important!  just my two cents....

Is the ARMS standard on the QE6000-60?  Or an option?..   As many Q series were sold with no ARMS.  Just the logo pasted to it..And you had to purchase the ARMS .  Jaybird has 1 or 2...

• Like 1

it is standard now mine has it!! the one thing that makes me laugh is everyone says never any problems with Graphtec so why would the ve "Graphtec"have more problems and need all this support everyone talks about? I ask because everything that comes with cutter is in a Graphtec box..

I have never had problems,  but, their have been a few on here who have...I think first it was the new blade holder...I know one guy who sent his Graphtec back for a Roland... Then had problems with the Roland and sent it in,, But  their tech support could not kind anything wrong with the Roland...  I remember a woman from Canada,,(Julie77), also had problems and sent her Graphtec CE6000  back. ..She didn't have problems with the 2nd. one...I have not really heard of people having problems with the CE5000,  Just the CE6000....  I have bought 2 CE5000-60 in the past 3 years...No problems. 

Some one said bad batch of blade holders for awhile on the CE6000.

I was kinda surprised that the new CE5000-60 that we just fired up last week had that new blade holder with it..(no spring).  The first one I bought didn't have it.  That cutter cut perfect right out of the box....  BUT of course.  I know how to set the blade depth.  LOL  ;D

funny the people that have reported problems are usually newbies that never had a "value cutter" to start with so they are learning on a great cutter right from the get go or upgrading from their cricut

the FC equivalent I believe still says arms available. And yes I have a qe60+ and a q75. The 60 is out of commission with what appears to be a motherboard but I don't want to spend $500 gambling that's what is wrong. As far as their support I called about adding arms and they make you send them the machine and their tech flat out said that they even get it right all the time. Sounds pretty crappy to me.

So, I am now trying to decide between the VE Qe6000 and Graphtec Ce6000

I am leaning towards the VE due to the fact that I will not have to buy a seperate software. I can use the LXI that I already own.

Can the Graphtec work with LXi?

Dakota  Has a Graphtec CE6000-60  and uses , LXI VE master pro   (That was copied from his signature.)

• Like 1

LXI is just rebranded Flexi software.... Kinda like I have Flexistarter and it has the Vinyl Express machines listed on it,  as well as the Graphtec machines.