Sign in to follow this  
play2win1

Cutter going crazy!! Please help

Trying to meet a deadline today and normally do not have any problems cutting simple file. The green image is the file I need in enhanced view and the other is wire frame. The tan image is how my cutter is cutting the file. Cutter is a MH721 MK2 and I use Corel. Any ideas?

Thank you.post-89834-0-60260400-1430405923_thumb.jpost-89834-0-46666500-1430405924_thumb.jpost-89834-0-83849400-1430405924_thumb.j

is your cutter stand grounded to the cutter?

Yes. I am cutting the top layer to this project now and I'm not having any problems. Its just the green bottom layer.  Both files are designed the same.

I continue to play with it and I am getting closer but when it cuts the top star on the "L" side, it does not complete it all the way and then cuts a line straight down across the design past the bottom word "STARS". It is at least cutting the LBF, the word stars, and the circle correctly but it destroys it on that last star. I have deleted the top starts too and replaced them but still happens.

My cutter was working great the other day and I did a great job for a mates car advertising his karaoke but when I came to do some others my plotter (uscutter mh721) decided to just feed and feed and feed and feed. Now every time I turn it on the setup light flashes like crazy and when I eventually get it to stop flashing through pressing reset a number of times it wont do a test and when it cuts it doesn't cut exactly what I have designed or wrote, it just comes out garbled and the parts that are right have got cut lines through them. I am now sitting in the corner kicking the wall cuz I can't figure it out. I am using sign blazer and have never had a problem since I had the cutter 3 years ago and I need it badly to finish a new sign. Please someone help me I have heard it might be the mother board but don't want to buy one if it isn't the problem boo hoo. HELP!!!!

Oh yes it won't cut out my tile either and I have tried reinstalling both drivers and programs.

Edited by ch3d999
  • Like 1

sounds like after 3 years it's time to upgrade. I recommend anything BUT the MH series it's not what it was 3 years ago.

In the meantime, cut the file in pieces. I know it's more work but it will get you there/

• Like 1

To the original poster- if you have ruled out software as an issue i would try the tripplite keyspan adaptor. May people had similar peoblems, and were resolved with this cable. It helps regulate the data to the cutter thru the serial connection.

Also check:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/forum/11-uscutter-refine-cutting-plotter-discussion/

After long long research on the forums I finally decided to invest in a new mother board for my MH 721 MK2. I ordered one for 89.99 USD but as I'm in the UK this translated to roughly £51 and a few pence BUT the postage of 58 USD put me off. I searched every where for a spare one ebay was a no go amazon was a no go in fact  no where had one I was in disarray, when!! I went to price a new machine at a local sign shop I came across by accident I asked for a price list and on the off chance I asked if they repaired old machines, they said yes I told them I thought it may be the mother board and they agreed, and continued do you want a mother board instead, thinking they would order it from us cutter.com but NO he went in the back and got one off the shelf, I said how much?, he said "£25 mate". I couldn't believe my luck. I bit his hand off and rushed home to fit the board. I fitted it and YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, it works perfectly, and to top all that  I am going back to collect 9 rolls of 630mm vinals at 9 yes 9 metres long each for £45. There is nowhere cheaper. Thank's for every ones comments and advise, my advice to any one having these sort of problems cut your losses and get a new mother board but please shop around. Thanks. 

• Like 2