beckypearl

Newbie in Colorado - Just getting started in Vinyl

Hello - I have been browsing this forum, trying to learn the ropes, for a few days now.  Just thought I'd say hello.  I really appreciate all the helpful information here.

I stumbled into this trade by pure accident... we found a Graphtec Cutting Plotter in a storage unit that we bought in at auction a couple weeks ago.  I am super excited, it was truly a blessing from God because I love graphic arts and interior design and my husband is in the Auto paint and body field.  We are excited to start a new branch of both our businesses using this machine.  I am blown away at all the possibilities!  We are having some trouble getting our new machine to work initially, but I can't wait to get started!

"I found a Graphtec Cutting Plotter in a storage unit that we bought in at auction"

yeesh :'( :'( ........lol......you've been BLESSED :) !!!!!!!!!!!! Which model is it? Look on the left side of the machie: CE5000 or CE6000? 

15" or 24" ??

Is there a stand with it?

Lot of help in the Graphtec subsection (and everywhere else), but you have been browsing around...can't wait to hear you getting started :) !!!

WELCOME FROM HAWAII :) !!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Frustrated... it's a CE5000-120 - the 48" cutter, had the stand and all.... the only thing we're missing are the rods for the rack (so I'm looking to pick up a couple of those if anyone knows where to find them...)

Ugh! I was going to ask that too, but I thought nah....wouldn't be THAT lucky ;) !!! lol.....  

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/

Look under "contact us" and see if there is a "GOOD dealer" near you. Mines doesn't stock any parts, 3 week wait  :rolleyes:

I just bought my CE6000-60 last week from Imprintables Warehouse (TOTAL newbie!!!). Any one from there, STAHLS or USCUTTER could probably help you :) !!!

• Like 1

Thanks Frustrated... it's a CE5000-120 - the 48" cutter, had the stand and all.... the only thing we're missing are the rods for the rack (so I'm looking to pick up a couple of those if anyone knows where to find them...)

cool thing is on the cutter is is just a standard thick walled stainless rod - with 4 stops and you are good to go - had to make a couple sets up for cutter stands I bought without them and that is basically all the oem ones are

tubing like this not sure on length for that cutter but measure the stand and add about 3-4"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-316L-Seamless-Round-Tubing-1-2-OD-0-334-ID-0-083-Wall-72-/151441443185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23429d0971

Thanks Dakota... I was thinking the same thing.  Except I was just thinking about getting a couple long wooden dowels from the hardware store, the right diameter for the rack and then some big washers and some kind of clamps to hold the rolls in place.   I figured that would be pretty cheap and easy to make.

Thanks Dakota... I was thinking the same thing.  Except I was just thinking about getting a couple long wooden dowels from the hardware store, the right diameter for the rack and then some big washers and some kind of clamps to hold the rolls in place.   I figured that would be pretty cheap and easy to make.

don't use the dowels - the graphtec has metal bearings and with the stainless tubes the static discharges thru the machine properly.   on the stops I got them at a hardware store - got the aluminum ones - on the graphtec use 4 and put them all on one side on each side of the bracket on that side to keep the tube from moving.    I think jay is referring to the stops like the old p-cut and laserpoint had that butt up to the vinyl. those I never used either but the ones to keep the tubes from moving I use all the time

• Like 2