Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Generic ChromaBlast?

Someone was asking me about this in the Bling Craftography group on Facebook.   It appears to be a generic equivalent to ChromaBlast? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381094337168

Anyone have any experience with anything like that?   I told the lady who posted about it that I would be concerned about where to buy additional transfer sheets and ink...

pretty sure it is nothing like chromablast - they threw in some fancy key words to imply that but it is more than likely a regular printer with pigment ink using a transfer paper like jpss or 3g opague (but cheaper i am sure) to sell to newbies that are impressed with their language.  chromablast is a separate critter all together.   a set up like this can be bought from a real vendor like cobraink with much better support.   I do give them an a for creativity though and be they sell a lot to the hobby people thinking they are getting something special

niw ib their web site they claim it is a dye ink  - not what one usually looks for in ink to last over a year unless doing sublimation which actually  dyes the fibers - this system is still using a transfer paper that transfers more than just the ink to the shirt so dye would not be a good solution.  again a for effort on their part - fancy words sell

• Like 1

Looks like regular dye ink in the auction pictures too. Creative marketing on their part but I'm thinking transfer paper same as Scott.

• Like 2