gcextreme

Broadway Mainstreet Store front 1700sq ft $350 a month!!

Yep. Right now 80% of my business comes from Facebook groups, just not local groups.

I am on alot of local group sales page and post examples up now and then..its hit and miss.

I had a lady want 3 different shirts, each were 2 color designs. I quoted her $15 each. She said ok. I started working on the designs, then 2 days later she messaged me and said she found someone who is gonna screen print them cheaper.

Now im thinking, what screen printer is going to do just 3 shirts, each different, each 2 colors, thus going thru 6 screens all to make 3 shirts for less than $15 each.

Most screen printers do shirts for no lower than $10 a shirt, but they wont do just one shirt, they have a minimum order of like 10 or 20.

12 shirt min. here but they start as low as $5 a shirt. Hard to compete if she narrowed it to 1 design and went with a dozen.

edited to add price.

Yep. Right now 80% of my business comes from Facebook groups, just not local groups. I am on alot of local group sales page and post examples up now and then..its hit and miss. I had a lady want 3 different shirts, each were 2 color designs. I quoted her $15 each. She said ok. I started working on the designs, then 2 days later she messaged me and said she found someone who is gonna screen print them cheaper. Now im thinking, what screen printer is going to do just 3 shirts, each different, each 2 colors, thus going thru 6 screens all to make 3 shirts for less than $15 each. Most screen printers do shirts for no lower than $10 a shirt, but they wont do just one shirt, they have a minimum order of like 10 or 20.

someone with a yudu doing them?  like you said it just doesn't add up

• Like 1

I wouldn't put to much stock in the "screen print" comment. Most of my customers still say screen print even when talking about my vinyl work so probably someone who just under bid you with HTV. 

• Like 1

There are 2 printers in alex who would do 2 color single pieces for about 8 bucks a pop. But they call it screen printing when in fact it is DTG. If a customer comes in and machine is not running they lowball the crap out of it. DTG printers are popping up all over and really makes it hard to compete with the person doing HTV

nice shop and good luck. I do Silkscreen also and with a minimum is 12 + artwork and screens. I actually add the price of a new screen. but someone with a yudu is doing it cheaper wow. it could be HTV like said above or even dtg.

Update.

Business is slooow.

On the bright side i have time to do more sublimation projects to fill my shelves and work on my website and brochures.

Also having another larger sign company make me a big sign for over my large front window of the store, on the outside of the building.

Should be getting installed next week.

Hopefully that will catch more eyes.

No i wouldn't say the wife is happy. She's never happy.

Now im at the store alot, then go to my night job, and get home about 1am. So she doesnt see me much anymore....still not happy..i can't win.

Then she says we should spend the weekends together, and im like crap, i either have stuff to do at the store, or at home in the garage/yard. Never get any of my home projects done.

So we fight alot about her being needy and missing me....then we fight about stuff not getting done, etc. Its always something.

I took her to dinner and a movie on Sunday.

Well Monday she was complaining we never spend time together and do stuff....i was like "WTF".

yup at least she is missing you.   I have way way too much stuff in the house for the business but after being on second and third for most of the 27.5 years we do see more of each other now and I work as i can when she isn't around or is watching her shows - and without the overhead the money goes toward our other bills like the new driveway and roof.  we all make choices and do the best we can

• Like 1

No i wouldn't say the wife is happy. She's never happy. Now im at the store alot, then go to my night job, and get home about 1am. So she doesnt see me much anymore....still not happy..i can't win. Then she says we should spend the weekends together, and im like crap, i either have stuff to do at the store, or at home in the garage/yard. Never get any of my home projects done. So we fight alot about her being needy and missing me....then we fight about stuff not getting done, etc. Its always something. I took her to dinner and a movie on Sunday. Well Monday she was complaining we never spend time together and do stuff....i was like "WTF".

Invite her to the shop ask her to help get things done faster if its things she can do. Could always come up with We could spend more time together if you come to the shop, speed things up and I could have more time to be with you. I don't know if it would work I'm single so its easier for me to say things.

• Like 1

She says she wants to help, but when it comes down to it, she doesn't want to.

I have to beg her to help weed stuff..and ifs its more than just text she ends up messing it up. She doesn't have the patience for it.

Tried teaching her to use signblazer and set up the cutter, but again she doesn't have the ambition to do it.

Then she gets mad at me cuz i dont wanna help her with her scrapbooking and stuff.

The other issue is, i have trust issues.

I don't trust anyone to do my job for me, at least not many. Im picky and have to have it done my way.

But my 16 year old nephew that just moved up here, i had him in the store for 2 weeks teaching him how to use the stuff...he caught onto it really fast.

He understood how to arrange stuff front to back, he understood how to weld stuff together and punch thru, etc.

I had him whipping out stuff, weeding, applying tape and making shirts! He just caught on really fast. The only issue i had with him was organization...im picky when it comes to how stuff should be organized, from files in directories, to tools on the workbench.

• Like 1

and that is why I sold the embroidery machine stacey wanted - she didn't  really  have the desire to learn it all and I had enough on my plate already - sold it and the screen printing stuff to concentrate on the main things I do.   it is good watching the process though that you go thru - it teaches a lot of people from reading the post

• Like 1

looks great - is that straight outta compton?    the real one can be a little rough

lol yeah it says "STRAIGHT OUTTA GLENWOOD" lol. Thought it may be a good seller, lol. 

• Like 1