Sign in to follow this  
mlganey

Fusion Upper Casting Broke

Anyone ever have the upper casting break on their fusion?  We've only had it for 4 months...not good!  And they advertise 24/7 techincal support...not true apparently since I can't get a hold of anyone today?  I know I can call tomorrow...I'm just depressed & inpatient right now and wondering if I'll need to mail it in (which would be a total bummer since I'm in Alaska) or if it's a fairly easy piece to replace.  We're swamped with orders so I'm wondering if I should have a back-up cheap press.  Any suggestions on a brand that isn't top of the line, but would get the job done in a pinch?

I've read about at least 2 other fusions with bent post in the back that it swivels on - sounds like a weak design on a very nice press

I'm curious what you find out. I was talking to the tech support adjusting my temperature and he mentioned that some of the earlier models had a flaw that they changed something on. If yours is a newer model then I'll be watching mine close. 

Yah, pretty ridiculous!  It cracked on both sides & the back of the upper casting.  I'm anxious to hear what they say.  Anyone have any cheap presses they use as back-ups?  I'm looking on amazon so that I can get a back up really quickly just to get a couple jobs done (thinking $300-$400 and maybe a 5 in 1 or similar to I can possibly use it for hats down the road) while I wait for this to get repaired.  I'm hoping they ship the part express and for free since it should be warranty work and just have my husband replace it.  That would be the perfect solution...we'll see if they agree! :)