Sign in to follow this  
pshawny

ShipWorks vs. ShipStation

Anyone using either of these shipping platforms? What has your experience with them been like? Big savings on shipping?

I currently use Stamps.com, but am looking to offer shipping via UPS or FedEx in the near future. I ship packages that are anywhere from 13oz to 5 pounds. In another few months, I should be shipping up to 800 packages a month. $0.50-$1 per package savings would add up fast.

Hey there, I'm Erika from ShipStation. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our app, and I've listed a few features below.

- ShipStation is web-based, which means that we'll work anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection and a "modern" browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.).

- We'll automatically import orders from wherever you sell (eBay, Amazon, your own website, etc.) and ship through UPS, USPS, FedEx (and others) all within the same batch of labels.

- A whole host of automation features, including automatically setting package & shipment information, customs information, and more.

- Discounted USPS postage: we'll actually take over payment for your Stamps.com account with your subscription, plus we offer CPP pricing on some shipments (our best savings is actually right up to that 5 lb. marker you mentioned) through Express 1.

- You can print hundreds of labels at a time, no matter the carrier.

- Auto-track shipments with any of the three major carriers.

There's a lot more that can help you streamline your shipping, too. If you sign up for a trial (which is free for 30 days and doesn't require a credit card), you'll actually get a dedicated account manager who will help you make the most of the system as you get started (and beyond). Again, let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll help however I can. :)

• Like 2

Hey pshawny, 

Both of these softwares are great for what they do, processing orders from your sales-channels and shipping them out. If you're looking for a software to cover just this aspect of your e-commerce then you really can't go wrong by picking either, they have a lot of similarities. 

You may want to take a look at Endicia for your postage needs. It has a really smooth layout and is easy to implement. You'll also more than likely be able to receive a free trial for a month to weigh the pros and cons. Overall cost, ease of use, customer service etc. Endicia also is fully compatible with Macs, which is another selling point for a lot of companies. 

Going back to Shipworks vs Shipstation. These two do cover your shipping needs, but what about all the other aspects of running your e-commerce? Managing your Orders (Including Shipping) Customer Service, Analytics, Inventory, Vendors and Accounting? You're probably piecing together several different softwares to run your business. Although that may work it certainly isn't efficient and ends up costing quite a bit of money in the long run.

Ideally as an e-commerce seller, regardless of how many sales-channels you're on, or how many orders you ship per month, you should be looking for a software thats going to cover the entirety of running your e-commerce. The more unified your operation is the better insights you'll have into your company. 

Here's a quick run down of what Skubana does. It's an all-in-one software that synchronizes, optimizes & simplifies your entire e-commerce operation. It integrates out-of-the-box with all the marketplaces and shopping carts for flexible order fulfillment, customizing & printing shipping labels, multi-channel and multi-warehouse inventory management, automating business workflows, vendor management, accounting & cross channel analytics. This is all done without any contracts, and without taking a percentage of your revenue. 

Feel free to PM me, or email me at Info@Skubana.com. I'd love to discuss your business and help provide some insights. 

Jim

@Skubana_ERP

• Like 1

Are there any other companies that want to register and spam this thread?

The  ShipStation post was relevant, but not Skubana's. It is something how fast they found this post.

ShipStation looks more polished than ShipWorks. It should though for the price. I'll probably try out the free trial and see how it goes.

Business must be slow when you start googling your co name to hunt down new customers. Thst or they're just very proactive in a competitive market.

Business must be slow when you start googling your co name to hunt down new customers. Thst or they're just very proactive in a competitive market.

You can setup alerts through Google to email you whenever a specific search term is found online. I use this to keep tabs on whenever my company is mentioned online. Very useful. I would imagine that both companies that posted here have alerts setup for either their company or their competitor's names.

That is interesting and explains ship station but nobody mentioned Scooby-Doo up there. Still think they're just bored:)

• Like 1