Sign in to follow this  
robspace3501

The machine...

What machine?   Are you wanting a printer/cutter?  

Yeah, that does this lol!! My phone wouldn't upload the file forsome reason and created the topic anyways...

11125334_829955580418429_1456540737_n.jp

You can buy a smaller printer to print on vinyl, then contour cut it.  2 different pieces of equipment.

That's the ones but those prices! Lol! I just want oneto see if they get me anywhere haha!! $8500 is a steep hill to climb down.

That is the cheapest.  Printer/cutter..

People use the printers from Cobra Ink and contour cut their decals with their own cutter.

https://www.cobraink.com/

• Like 1

it is the cheapest way to do it with the right ink made for doing that - several people print to aqueous vinyl with a regular printer but the weak link is the coating sprayed on it so the ink adheres - that is what lets go first - so proper way is solvent, latex or thermo resin and the bn-20 is the cheapest way to do it right

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mz SKEETER" data-cid="392010" data-time="1429823540"><p>

That is the cheapest. Printer/cutter..<br />

<br />

People use the printers from Cobra Ink and contour cut their decals with their own cutter.<br />

<br />

<a href='https://www.cobraink.com/'>https://www.cobraink.com/</a></p></blockquote>

do you believe that is an appropriate product to sell someone who is expecting long term outdoor durabiliity?

to be honest if you don't want to spend the money buying a print/cut machine you can always offer the service and hire someone on here that already has one. That way your not putting yourself into a financial burden  and see if the service takes off.

• Like 4

I've spent a lot of time doing searches on youtube and the internet on how to make decals like this. All I can find is cheaply made stickers or websites only offering to make the stickers for you :( We have a lot of stickers from kayak Sponsors like PENN, SHIMANO, DAIAWA, KNOT TO KINKY, among many many many others.....they last REAL good in salt water while we get slammed in waves.  I thought it would be so easy with the Graphtece6000-60 :(. Silly noob. Now I find out you need SPECIAL paper and a separate printer with SPECIAL inks....  Is there and actual tutorial or website I've missed on how to make decals the proper way?? But...the printer I have is a cheap $90 Epson Stylus NX430. What is the printer that can do it right with the Cobra inks? After seeing that $8,500 Roland, I'm guessing a good printer (that would match my Graphtec) that can do a lot of stickers would cost a LEAST a few thousand$$??

You can buy a smaller printer to print on vinyl, then contour cut it.  2 different pieces of equipment.

what printer would this be

??

the printer I have is a cheap $90 Epson Stylus NX430, but I see a few threads above, SKEETER put up a link for cobarink.com and their Epson 7110 is like $300. Would this be enough to do good quality decals? and if so, could it do at least 100-200 3-6" oval decals (for example) on 1 set of ink cartridges? 

If I could get this Epson 7110 and with My Graphtec6000 to countour cut it to make professional decals, I would be THRILLED :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... I get now what Dakota is saying...that Epson WF7110 is $300 on cobrainkcom  (but on Amazon is @$170) might be ok, but not the kind of quality I would want. The Roland BN20 probably would be the cheapest system to get that does a professional job. Gosh...People give away decals, so I thought the equipment to do a good job would be a LOT less :(

I think Madhatter has the right idea .....

Businesses give away catd too. Manof us sub to someone like dakota .

I was only reading from another forum, and here. these are quotes from that forum.. and they were short term decals less than a year.   And would have to be advertised as such.  And for smaller items.

"Jeff,
When I was making printed stickers I used my WF1100 with cobra CIS printing on Papillo which comes in sheets and rolls. printicon1.png, cut, laminate with "Frog Spit" laminate. Never had any curling. All done on GCC 24 expert LX, contour cut, then cut to separate with rotary cutter from officeicon1.png depot or somewhere".

"But there is some inkjeticon1.png vinyl sheets available here.Papilio Inkjet Media"

I have also read it on here.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/43215-low-cost-printer-for-printable-vinyl-decals-dye-sub-pigment-help/?hl=%2Bepson+%2Bwf1100#entry341218

Anyone know about the PrismJetDTx?  They are $4000-5000 range..

The PrismJET DTx is a desktop resin inkjet printer that can be used as a stand alone printer or as part of a compact print and cut system. The PrismJET DTx would be a revolutionary product if all it did was bring you the features of our large format print and priny/cut systems in a compact, affordable desktop format. But it does that and more.

Using an advanced new resin ink that is as UV resistant as a solvent or ecosolvent ink, but with no solvents or VOCs of any kind this printer is a "green" solution. The PrismJET DTx gives you the environmental friendliness and high resolution of an aqueous inkjet printer with the outdoor durability of a solvent. The result is amazing print quality that lasts for up to three years outdoors without lamination.

By adding a vinyl cutter with registration mark sensor capability with this package (see the DTx ValuPrint & Cut Package), you can cut paint mask, print and cut vehicle decals, design full-color signage, by adding this high performance, low cost professional-level cutter, you will have a winner.

OK... I get now what Dakota is saying...that Epson WF7110 is $300 on cobrainkcom  (but on Amazon is @$170) might be ok, but not the kind of quality I would want. The Roland BN20 probably would be the cheapest system to get that does a professional job. Gosh...People give away decals, so I thought the equipment to do a good job would be a LOT less :(

I think Madhatter has the right idea .....

those are the people that buy then cheaply from someone else usually - not someone working from home that has invested thousands of dollars in the equipment to give away decals.  buying small decals for .30-.75 to give away is different than trying to do them yourself after paying 9K to give away.  personally the 13K printer is the smallest I would buy - then you have maint.  proper maint will cost more than you have invested in your current plotter set up and supplies - every year from my personal experience.  lots out there doing the work with poorly maintained equipment but then again is that the kind of work you want to put out?  recently was one on ebay that was producing "decals created on a professional eco solvent printer" that the heads had enough over spray from deflected heads it looked like a spray bomb with a bad nozzle doing the splattering - they are selling and making money but they won't be around in the long run.  just an example of someone not willing to make the investment to produce quality work - each head is about $900 in the older units - the heads for the new ones run about $2400-2700.   some people can run for a few years on heads - my personal experience hasn't been so forgiving and end up replacing one head every year along with about $250 in other consumables 

Businesses give away catd too. Manof us sub to someone like dakota .

what is catd ? I know it's probably a typo, but I couldn't figure it out...

THANKS SKEETER AND DAKOTA :) !!!! GOOD INSIGHT :) !!!!!!!!!

on the kayaks Frusterated - even when printed you need a special high priced material to print on like conform makes - on low energy plastics normal decals will fall off in short order.  they also use that plastic on atv, hard hats (in some cases) etc.  I keep some on hand but only use it when absolutely necessary because of cost

Cost. Yeah my phone is all messed up after I broke the screen. Again lol

I hear ya...All the big companies like Penn and Yakima probably order their stickers in HUGE bulk so they get a BIG savings, other than that, they just might order from Chiina.

All my stickers have worn VERY well the past 3 years pounding in the salt water :) !!! Shucks....was hoping to get away with a $300 printer...Oh well, at least you SAVED me from wasting $300 :) !!!!!!!!!!