Sign in to follow this  
mrfibble

Odd Mailbox Question

Anyone have a file of a flattened standard US Mailbox ?

like I said  odd question

Cheers

david c

Sorry I can't answer your question outright, but wouldn't it be something like measuring the mailbox from the left side and up and around to the right side (let's call this the width)? and then also measuring the length? Then you would have a rectangle....Sorry I can't answer this right now as all my neighbors and I have P.O. Boxes :)

Are you planning to wrap it or something??

Use a fabric measuring tape so you can measure up one side around the top and down the other side. Then measure the length.

I cut mailbox decals (Cutting 200 right now) and the max size I've been using is 16"x 8". Not sure if that's what you're asking...?

If you're asking for a graphic of a mailbox that's been flattened, yeah, that's definitely an odd request. I'd love to see if someone can pull that one out of their bag of tricks. =) 

basically the rectangle that is the body of the box and the arched end 

i bought a cloth tape   so ill try and get measurements later    

like i said  it was an odd question :) 

David

The mailbox I took measurements from seems fairly typical, though I have seen larger ones of the smae shape.

Also, the front has a recessed area. If you are planning on making decals to wrap front, back, & sides,

you will likely want the front decal inside the recessed area. I have included those measurements (and the bottom) as well.

I've zipped it all up as it is in full scale and the png with the dimensions is rather weighty.

Disclaimer: Though, every reasonable effort was made by me to obtain accurate measurements,

I can't be held liable for the data offered. ie: Your Mileage May Vary.

post-43059-0-86136000-1430806481_thumb.p

Mailbox Pattern.zip

• Like 2