Sign in to follow this  
SurberSigns

Do you promote your business with Facebook ads?

What's up everybody? I was wondering if anybody has tried a Facebook ad campaign to promote your vinyl business.

Did you see any new customers? How much did you spend and what kind of interest groups did you target?

I've paid to boost posts a ton of times but that's about it. I don't target any particular group because my offerings cover such a wide gamut.

I don't pay for ads. Stay active on your page and post daily. I use Instagram to #hashtag and that seems to help reach a target audience. I have expanded to almost 2k followers on both FB and Instagram just by doing this and not paying for ads...we vinyl people have enough expenses to worry about  :mellow:

• Like 3

When I can reach a few thousand people for 15 or 20 bucks that's a pretty good ROI from where I stand.

• Like 1

Paying for ads isn't a bad thing. Especially Facebook because they are so heap and you can set a daily budget.

Do you have a separate Instagram for yourself and your business?

I don't do anything major besides small decal jobs. Mainly for locals who just want to slap a logo on their car or businesses who need window lettering. That's pretty much all I do.

But I want To get to the point to where I can do so many decals per day and just go off of that income.

Paying for ads isn't a bad thing. Especially Facebook because they are so heap and you can set a daily budget.

Do you have a separate Instagram for yourself and your business?

I don't do anything major besides small decal jobs. Mainly for locals who just want to slap a logo on their car or businesses who need window lettering. That's pretty much all I do.

But I want To get to the point to where I can do so many decals per day and just go off of that income.

I don't have a personal instagram just one that I promote my work through...@moodybluedecals which is linked to my facebook business page. 

90% of my business is internet based with very few local clients. Because of my target audience I mostly sell and mail, but have gotten lucky to have been able to (in some instances) do some traveling for large installs like vehicle wraps.

• Like 1

Different business plan = different advertising strategies.

What's up everybody? I was wondering if anybody has tried a Facebook ad campaign to promote your vinyl business.

Did you see any new customers? How much did you spend and what kind of interest groups did you target?

I have tried a few times, it's led to several new "Likes", but no one has ever said "Hey, I saw your ad on Facebook - can you make (something) for me?"...

I average 1 to 2 direct jobs off a $20 ad but I think the results are more over time when somebody remembers they saw something I did on FB and comes in for a quote. No way to quantify that though.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't spend a penny on ads, but get most of my work off of facebook. I do have a business page, and I post a couple of pics from nearly every job i do. Then I've personally joined alot of "Local Garage Sale, Buy/Sell/Trade, Real Estate, small Business" and other private groups on facebook. Everyday, multiple times, I share a couple of specific pics that relate to a group on it's page, and I add some specific info. This gets me alot of messages asking for quotes, and I get alot of work to fill empty time.

Example: I might post a pic of a coupe of real estate signs in the "Local Homes for sale or rent group". and i'll say "Any realtors, property managers, or owners want you property to sell/rent quicker? Message me for a quote to make your property seen with professional real estate signs. No job too big or small! I can do other signs and decals as well, so other custom requests are welcome!"

Personally, I don't spend a penny on ads, but get most of my work off of facebook. I do have a business page, and I post a couple of pics from nearly every job i do. Then I've personally joined alot of "Local Garage Sale, Buy/Sell/Trade, Real Estate, small Business" and other private groups on facebook. Everyday, multiple times, I share a couple of specific pics that relate to a group on it's page, and I add some specific info. This gets me alot of messages asking for quotes, and I get alot of work to fill empty time.

Example: I might post a pic of a coupe of real estate signs in the "Local Homes for sale or rent group". and i'll say "Any realtors, property managers, or owners want you property to sell/rent quicker? Message me for a quote to make your property seen with professional real estate signs. No job too big or small! I can do other signs and decals as well, so other custom requests are welcome!"

You're paying for ads just with time instead of money. We all have to decide which is more important time or money and depending on how busy I am is how I answer that.

You're paying for ads just with time instead of money. We all have to decide which is more important time or money and depending on how busy I am is how I answer that.

Can't argue with that, but on a small scale for a new business, it's much easier to use a bit of time than spend a bit of money. I haven't posted anything this month on facebook now, due to referral business growing and no available time.

On a side note, I bet its close to equal time to do what I do and reach about 5-10k people, as it would take to place a paid ad. Still have to create it and upload the photo.

To me, time spent doing nothing is not worth anything.

For new guys, with plenty of free time, it's an easy way to build a customer base.

Edit: I don't mean the OP is new; just thought some new guys might run across this thread for advertising ideas.

• Like 4