Sign in to follow this  
Leland Webb

Stepping out of my box and trying something new........

Okay guys I just purchased the sawgrass sublimation printer, an 8 in 1 heat press, coffee mug blanks, keychain blanks, hats and t shirts, etc... The problem I am having is that the heat press instructions are very vague. Half of the instructions from the box are poorly printed and unreadable. I made a rookie mistake by ordering black t shirts for sublimation, but I can use heat transfer vinyl for some projects. I looked on the website to see what heat and times I needed to use for these products only to find just a couple with directions. Items like the coffee cup planks say to use the heat press time, temp and pressure settings. Basically I'm lost, and I need help getting started here lol. Thanks guys! You are all pretty awesome at this stuff!

Sublimation time, temp and pressure vary according to the substrate so you are probably looking in the wrong place for the instructions. You should be able to get the info you are looking for with your dye sub paper. Heck vinyl HTV is the same way. IT varies too. Most of Siser is 305 medium pressure for 12-15 but some are different.  Be sure and use an infrared heat thermometer to double check the memo on your press because they have a tendency to be off. 

• Like 2

Who did you order your blanks from?   Conde has instructions for every item at the bottom of that item's page, although you do need to register to access their instructions (or at least you used to), and they also have a PDF guide you can download  that has the instructions for a majority of their products included.

Most other companies have the instructions posted on their websites, too.

If you can't find the instructions, come back here with specifics and we'll help you find what you need.

That 8n1 heat press was a big mistake . Even though conde has temp and.Setting time most or all are for the higher end heat press like hotronix, knight or insta. Those china presses times be way off. And if 1 thing breaks on that machine then all 8 things dont work.good luck and stay positive.