Sign in to follow this  
whasup

roland sc540

hi

i have a roland sc 540 ..and yes i know the heads are not to good ..but after a bad head strike i have this problem with double image...i use colour rip on a xp machine ..and make my image in corel draw...i do have a proper service manual for it so have been doing this steep trial and error learning curve ,,

but have just no idea what to do aboiut problem?:huh:

i am in uk

post-92292-0-92477500-1429691853_thumb.j

have attached pic

not sure on that one but I would check the encoder strip to make sure it is clean and in good shape - the data cable and probably first after that strike if that bad start with going thru the head aliignment process - will take a couple hours probably to make adjustment and checks over and over on all 3 directions

all test prints dont do as in the pic...only doing it with black..new encoder strip.. if i print an image in black it does this ..but if i print same image in red ..its perfect..

could it be the head has had it ..or maybe the way image is sent to printer

doubt it is the head - have heard of that with a data  cable but not familiar enough with that problem to really answer.
as far as the head being bad - all that overspray from deflected nozzles says that is years overdue to be replaced but I don't think that has anything to do with your current problem just the quality of work it would produce.  have you done the alignment procedure like when replacing a head to see if that shows anything?

hi again

still same problem . i have tried everything..tried to align head from start but still does this ..its strange its just the black as all other colours align to the black..checked all cables as well ..im stumped and may have to pay the money and get some one out ...groan..had this machine for not to long and already spent a lot getting it working

welcome to the wonderful world of printing - last year had to replace the encoder strip and sensor - had the tech on standby then but glad I got it as they charge from when they leave their shop 2 hrs away till they get back.

just to clarify you did the alignment procedure from the service menu and not the one from the user menu right - the one where you adjust with the Allen wrench and in 3 directions?  how did the test prints from each of those menus line up?

looks like the yellow is not aligned either.  is that a 4 or 6 head machine?  that is a long alignment process on that when you do it for all the heads

it's a 6 head printer ..i will have to try again as the test prints in alignment seem to be ok...but as not right will start again when i get the chance