Sign in to follow this  
dee10w

Mimaki jv33 major issues

hi yall,  been a while since ive been on here hope ya all well, i have a major issue with our jv33, whilst printing yesterday one of the cartridges ran out and never switched over so sucked it dry, anyways lost the magenta completely, done all the usual pulling the ink through with two syringe's at the same time on the dampers with the solinoids open at the cartridge end so no air was left, done soft, hard, normal cleans,several times still nothing, done fills and soaks even purged cleaning fluid through the heads very slowly and there not blocked, had the capping station changed last year with the pump,

well things just got worse got a head error msg and now does not even switch on, just makes a sizzling sound and turns off, found a lot if ink on the data ribbons that go into the head, took the head off and cleaned every part there was some ink that had gotten ink that had gotten into the circuit, so what im thinking is the main board fried, head fried or what can anyone help please. cheers dee

sounds about right dee - liquid ink on the circuit board to the head probably fried a head board if not mainboard -- I think on my old roland there was an intermediate board between the heads and the mainboard but it was expensive too.  hope someone can help you, it's a far bigger hit when the printer has issues than just ordering a new cutter :(

and look at flushing the heads with solvent so they don't clog in the days while it is being repaired - 

Darn thats me screwed then.... thanks anyhow guys, yeah the head will be flushed clean and stored.  gutted was just getting some really good trade with the printer too... back to vinyl cut i guess...