Sign in to follow this  
rachee09

Help! Press not heating up

I purchased this press in January (1 week out of warranty, apparently) and it has stopped warming up. I received no information on the model or user instructions so I have no idea how to trouble shoot. This is what it is doing. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! post-92276-0-16209500-1429636028_thumb.j

have you checked for a fuse? Should be one on it somewhere

• Like 1

Hopefully you don't mind flipping that thing over on it's side or upside done CAREFULLY and unscrewing up the box to look for that fuse. If it's not heating up AT ALL, Banner John is probably right. Some things like that (the littlest, simplest things), I forget :(

Well, turns out one of the connectors is fried. When I opened it that was the first thing I saw. They are sending me a replacement, thankfully. 

• Like 1

and....HOW HARD WAS THAT :huh:?!!!!!! lol....GOOD FOR YOU :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was in the Army, we have PMCS. Everyone is assigned a vehicle and we have to perform it almost everyday, go down the checklist, etc. Being a non-mechanic, we STILL can find things wrong, like a loose battery cable, low tire pressure, headlight burnt out, signals not working, etc. Hopefully, this will help you not to get intimidated next time ;) !!!! Some connections, when they go bad, may be TOTALLY obvious, but some may have a little black on the end of the wire where it goes into the motherboard or may be loose in the  connection when it goes into the solder. You won't be able to really tell this unless you give everything a tiny wiggle. Other than that, you'll need a voltmeter to test each component and tech support isn't going to expect you to do that !!!

Please post when you get it up and running :) !