dirtrocker

trailer hitch covers?

I've been looking at these

(because I live in the land of loggers and commercial fishermen and almost every other house has a pickup)

and correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, you heat press the image to a plate and then glue the plate to the hitch cover assembly? Correct?

I've been trying to figure out if I go with these, what is the best glue to use?
It seems every place I checked, there are several different answers.

It comes with two sided 3m tape on it all you do is press the image on the plate then pull the covering off the front of the tape and stick, could'nt be easier, and they come out great.  I get $24.95 for mine shipped ...

They have 2" and 1 1/4"

post-2057-0-14289900-1429585114_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-63497100-1429585131_thumb.jp

• Like 4

And this is yet another reason I like this forum.

I've been chasing my tail on this and the answer was right here all along.  :lol:

Thanks! 

Edit: Wait! $24.95? Holy cats! I may have to rethink this. I was thinking in the $20 range.

LOL As Hatter said a lot of times just to be safe if there is room I add a extra piece of my own 3m two sided tape.  I have never had one returned or complainant that it fell off, but they do fade over time ...

Sounds like a good idea. Doublesided 3M tape isn't expensive and I usually keep some for Harley mirrors.

You'd be surprised at how many guys knock the mirror glass out.  :lol:

And when a lot of guys have custom mirror brackets, it's cheaper to purchase the mirror glass than remake the mirror.

And thanks guys, I apologize if I ask too many questions, but I'm a linear thinker.

For every answer I find, another question pops into my head.
Kind of irritating sometimes.  :blink:

24.95 is for 2 trailer hitch's remembers your making them personalized for those people. They cant go out to Wal-Mart and purchase Jacks Truck or Bill's Bayliner Taxi or their image on the cover. 

Dirt no worries the bill will be in the mail tomorrow lol. Actually if it bothered us we would let you know by not replying. We can be jerks like that lol.

I use to be cheap now I sell them shipped anywhere in the US for $24.95 for ONE and have no problem selling them, in fact just finished one ...

I went up when other guys (i think Dakota was one?) said they got that ...

I agree Hatter they are cool as S$#@

my truck

post-2057-0-04426800-1429648366_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Condé along with most other sublimation suppliers have them

Yep found them on Conde...wow like $6 each...hmmmm will have to save up for some

When you order from Conde ask them about an unbranded catalog. I'm 99%sure they have them that way you can show customers options without stocking everything when you're just getting started.