Sign in to follow this  
Kenla

Need your help with making a file compatible to WinPCSigns in Adobe Illustrator

Hi & good day to all. I need your help on this one please. Well my LP24 has decided that it's taking a break from cutting vinyl, so a friend has decided to lend a hand but he is using WinPCSigns.  I need to create Ai files compatible with WinPCSings for my vinyl cutting.

My files were created in Inkscape & taken over to a friend who has Adobe Illustrator but can't explain a hoot about it. Anyway when my eps file are imported into Illi, the expand feature does  not seem to work on my files. Hence I can't create Ai compatible files. Can some please tell me what it is I have done wrong or did not do, so that I can remedy the problem. I have attached two files for your examination & suggestions.

Chief_Inspector_Asst.eps

Manager_Compliance_&_Records.eps

Hi Mz Skeeter, well the cutter I was told is a LP1 for starters. Anyway the carriage simply won't go down to execute the cut although it goes through the entire motion. Only when it's done not a mark on the vinyl. Thanks for a prompt response.

Have you taken the cover off the carriage head and made sure that nothing is stopping it?   Make sure that carriage head wheels are firmly down in the track,  Blade holder firmly down. No cracks in the carriage arm..

Maybe the .ai file is the problem. I opened both files and they are cut ready. Both files are outlined/expanded and looks to even be ready to go with registration marks and all. Save out to the lowest illustrator version (CS2 should work) or to a low eps version and see if that fixes the problem. 

Thanks to all. Yes I have lifted the cover, poked and looked around. On the face of it everything seems to be alright. I will keep looking though. Also I will do as suggested ie. will save to a lower illustrator  version. Thanks again for the help.

I had a spare carriage but it went with the cutter when I sold it. I'll see if I can find their contact info (they were members here)

steelcityairman7 I'm 99.9% sure this is who bought it. Check their profile for their email address because they haven't been around here since November. Second thought it was a spare motherboard sorry.

I would say go clear down to AI version 8 or 3. I have two programs that need it below the CS versions.

Been away for a while. However just dropped by to thank everyone for their help & contributions. I haven't had the time to rip apart that cutter as yet since it is already in a state of be non-productive, hopefully next week I will attend to it. Have a lovely weekend everyone.