Sign in to follow this  
robspace3501

jagged lines and not cutting completely straight lines!

Adjust it in your software but instead of doing the test cut from the machine just send some 1" squares from your design program to see if the corners are getting better.

Awesome! Thanks Jaybird.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mz SKEETER" data-cid="391730" data-time="1429561787"><p>

Have you checked your blade tip to make sure it has not broken off.? Or try another new blade.</p></blockquote>

Yeah, the blade is great. I got it looking better! Went to .25 offset but then when I went lower, it looked like the last ones lmao!

0.25  is normal   That is where you start.

I brought my speed down to 400 which is pretty slow, the offset to .28 and its running very smooth but I am afraid to bring the speed up anymore because it seems to get a bit messy. I only needed 10 of these and have like 30 lmao! This customer is going to get some freebies! Seems they are pretty precise at the moment. Thank you all again, you are all amazing!

• Like 1

Robspace, thanks for letting all of us know when it didn't improve or when it did. Lot of new  people ask a question, get the advice and then don't let us know what happened. I appreciate that, so I can learn also :) !!!

Just an FYI. I don't know what your speed range is on your cutter. My Summa goes from 50mm/sec up to 800 and has a another turbo-cut setting that bump up the speed even more. I run mine without the turbo-cut and down at 200 most of the time. If you allow your cutter to take it's time it will produce better results and this will be even more magnified on a lower budget machine. I can't keep up with weeding what it cranks out at 200. I had a large job that I decided to run it really fast to try it out and it cut fine but throwing the vinyl back and forth that hard actually caused a few crinkles down in the catch basket that never happen at a reasonable speed. Just my $0.02. 

• Like 2

I'm with Wildgoose.  I don't know what the numbers mean on the value cutters,  but I run slower, and have great cuts.... 

• Like 1

I have been keeping it at a lower speed and figured out the offset and it has been running fine. Made this plate for a test run to see what all the machine and I was capable of lol!11183452_829450140468973_225860378267501

• Like 1

Rob...thanks for showing your work, it looks GREAT :)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Question, is that a yellow blank license plate and your vinyl is two colors (black and green?)

Where do you get those blanks?

Thanks, and hope to see you more on the forum :) !!!

FH

p.s. Post your work in the subsection "show off your work" :)